Author Topic: Jet Sled Help.. SUV or XL?  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Left Handed Model

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..."
Jet Sled Help.. SUV or XL?
« on: Nov 23, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I currently have the Jet Sled Jr, which suited me just fine for what little gear I had.  Needless to say my arsenal of ice gear has grown and my little sled isn't enough...  so my question is,  Is the SUV enough of a jet sled to hold a power auger, bucket, radio, tackle/tool box, propane tank w/heater, foldup chair, milkcrate full of tip-up with rod holders off the back, and maybe a small cooler.. or should I go with the XL?  It's a 30 dollar difference most of the places I looked... Thanks for the Help..
Mike aka: Lefty,  The Yellow Pole Guy.....

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jet Sled Help.. SUV or XL?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2006, 03:26 PM »
I like the XL but I must admit , It still isn't big enough for all my stuff . Power auger fits nicely in it , with artificial sun (heater) and 2 buckets of tackle and fish finder and more .
Utah Ice

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2006, 03:56 PM »
I have both and now use the SUV for a slop pan when I butcher deer!  It's too small for a growing angler.  I modified the XL to haul more stuff.  I added two lengths of tubular aluminum across the sled like a car top boat carrier so I could put my portable shanty above all the rest of the junk.  I strap the power auger on top of the shanty with some bungees.  Works great.  Go with the XL.

Good luck- Mike

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2006, 07:55 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D I've got the XL...size does matter... ;)..I can put everything I need..plus pull the kids.. ;D ;D ;D..

Offline jr_the_dj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I happen to be looking for a sled, i have seen the XL, that is a little pricey, anything comparable but less expensive?
Jiffy Ice Drills Pro-Staff
Aqua Vu Pro-Staff
HT Enterprises Pro-Staff
PK Lures Pro-Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.