Author Topic: I need 3 reels  (Read 2279 times)

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
I need 3 reels
« on: Oct 26, 2006, 09:58 PM »
I just got 3 St. Croix legend rods and I'm looking to pair them up with some reels. A few buddies of mine suggested the tica reels. Any other suggestions???

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

CSP88

Re: I need 3 reels
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2006, 08:37 AM »
I just got 3 St. Croix legend rods and I'm looking to pair them up with some reels. A few buddies of mine suggested the tica reels. Any other suggestions???

Mike, I really like the Tica reels, I also have some Abu Garcia Cardinals (100U & 300U) that are great reels.  On my Ultra-lights I like the Silstar Tiny 20.

Chad

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2006, 08:55 AM »
I have several Tica reels and they are good reels. One of my favorite reels is a new UL Triggerspin reel from Pflueger called the Microspin, It has 4BB and is well made and only costs $25.00. A great reel is also the Shimano 750 UL reels. (sedona,sahara,symetre)

CSP88

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2006, 09:18 AM »
I have a Silstar Tiny 20 and mine was junk >:( 

Slipbob, which model do you have? The Tiny 20 with 1 ball bearing or the 3 ball bearing model...there is a huge difference in the two.  I use the 3 ball bearings model and have had no problems with them.  They are a inexpensive, light weight reel and work great for a ultra-light set up.  They run between $20-$30.

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Hi Mike,

I picked up a couple of Caprice 1000's by Daiwa last winter, I checked out the Tica's also, both of them are smooth a glass. See you on the ice this winter.

Crowbait :whistle:

Offline Pike Preacher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Fluger Presidental 10 ball bearings  20 below smooth as silk....$40.00 at Gander

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2006, 03:31 PM »
I think Tica should start paying me, becuase whenever this question is asked I give the same answer, Tica Cetus, beauty reels and a good price range. Great drag as well, in case you hook into some bigger fish

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2006, 05:06 PM »
The tica reels must be good since so many of you guys use them. I've been looking at a few on ebay. Thanks for the input.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline iceonly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • just set the hook
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I just ordered 2 President 6720 from pfleuger. Seemed very smooth in store 8 bb. On sale in the Reeds book for 40.00. Anyone tried them yet?
If it ain't cold, it ain't fishing

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Only Shimano for me....

If you are gonna spend the money on fine rod, pair it with a fine reel!

Try a Symetry 750 out in the store, they are a very functional and durable reel. The first thing you will notice is how smooth it is, the second will be that the bail flips out of the way to allow you to finger it better when it is open.

Offline hippiemick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Question on the Tica Cetrus which one are you guys fishing?
LF 500 = 2 ball bearings
SS 500 = 2 ball bearings
GB 500 = 4 ball bearings
SB 500 = 6 ball bearings
I'm also needing the reels to match uo with the Croixs i just got from Reeds, and all mine are good to go guide wise.

Offline iowaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Hippie....
The SS and SB are basically the same reel. The only difference is the color and the holes on the SS's spool. The GV is is a nice little reel with 4 bearings the LF is the low end of the 4 but a great reel for panfish.

Brittlab....if you can pick up some GV's they are a great all around reel. I always pull on my line and make sure the drag is on the loose side no matter what reel I'm using hard or soft water.

Offline hippiemick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Thanks Iowa, i think your on the money. The GB is $22.88 plus shiping on ebay. I think it's the way i'll go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.