Author Topic: Strikemaster 40v Lithium Auger Acting up  (Read 6310 times)

Offline laptinepa

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster 40v Lithium Auger Acting up
« on: Feb 21, 2020, 12:21 AM »
On my way home, I stopped by the side of the road to secure it better. I noticed my auger was beeping. So I took the battery off. Next trip, the auger would not run at all despite a full battery. We removed the powerhead cover, jiggled some connections, and it started drilling again. However it's still giving a series of 7 beeps and won't run. If you disconnect the battery it will run again, but then the 7 beeps come back and it doesn't work again until you disconnect the battery and reconnect it. A strikemaster service agent said the battery must just be too cold. But it's still doing it despite being indoors for 12 hours. And it's beeping SEVEN times, which supposedly means low battery voltage. But the battery shows a full charge. What gives? And why would I have to jiggle a connection to get it to run at all again?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Strikemaster 40v Lithium Auger Acting up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2020, 08:48 AM »
That's a head scratcher ..I don't own one but you stated that you can wiggle the electrical connections..Did you take iapart the head unit ? ..are they spade type connections? ..can you make them more secure ..crimping them etc? Next I would try and discharge that battery to at least to 3/4 or 1/2 ..buy running it down..may be a daunting task if it keeps shutting off ..then recharge it as recommended .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Weird

First off, so you have an extra 40V battery to test with

Not sure wiggling connections is the source of the problem, it sounds more battery related.

What does your charger flash when you connect the suspect battery? Was the battery dropped or in water for any length of time? Anyway to check your battery voltage with a meter?

You said you pulled over to secure it better, was it on the outside of your vehicle or in the back? If outside, was any type of road crap getting into it? Both battery and power head have been in side for 12hrs or just battery?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Sounds like a loose connection to me, or possible battery cells went bad. Since you said moving wires made it work, I'd say that is your culprit. Alarm is saying low voltage, that can be either a bad battery or a lose connection, loose wire, or split wire.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2020, 10:57 PM »
Per the manual, sounds like either the battery is cold and needs to warm up or your battery has low voltage( being you says it’s fully charged, it might be shot)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2020, 06:41 PM »
if the battery is good it's a connection.  could be a poor solder job or corrosion perhaps, that'll cause low voltage symptoms.

Offline Stickjiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Find a buddy with the same auger and try his battery in your and your battery in his.
Will rule out if the battery is bad.

Offline latremorej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2020, 07:09 AM »
On my way home, I stopped by the side of the road to secure it better. I noticed my auger was beeping. So I took the battery off. Next trip, the auger would not run at all despite a full battery. We removed the powerhead cover, jiggled some connections, and it started drilling again. However it's still giving a series of 7 beeps and won't run. If you disconnect the battery it will run again, but then the 7 beeps come back and it doesn't work again until you disconnect the battery and reconnect it. A strikemaster service agent said the battery must just be too cold. But it's still doing it despite being indoors for 12 hours. And it's beeping SEVEN times, which supposedly means low battery voltage. But the battery shows a full charge. What gives? And why would I have to jiggle a connection to get it to run at all again?

Any Updates?

Jason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.