Author Topic: another Jiffy issue  (Read 1241 times)

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
another Jiffy issue
« on: Feb 25, 2019, 09:30 AM »
I couldn't find the previous thread, looking for some answers..
I need to drill holes with the choke set to half, it does idle up the way id like it to. When I close the choke and hit the auger full throttle, it just dies no sputtering etc, just off. I messed around with the carb adjustments before putting on a new blade, now I cant get it to run right..  Is this a low idle or high idle needle issue? am I too lean or to rich??

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: another Jiffy issue
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2019, 11:24 AM »
I predict jiffy will tell you that you need a new carb at this point   I had same issues   finally just parted the auger out and moved onto to a jiffy   I have never looked back   

Bunch of those carbs were built somewhere else for a period of a few years   northing but problems with them

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2019, 11:33 AM »
If its really cold i have to run my 1 arm bandit on half choke a pretty long time.say 10 holes or more.id say you need to richen it up if it only cuts at half choke all the time.you say it dies when you close the choke?it will die if warmed up with choke closed,choke needs to be fully open when warm.also make sure to open the vent on gas cap.

Offline Seige

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Mine was doing that last year. I just went to a small engine place and bought a carb kit. Works awesome again.

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:44 PM »
if you pull the carb off...inside the engine ..behind the carb you will see what they call "reeds"...they are metal flexable tangs that when you throttle up, they flex and open up to let more fuel/air inside the engine...sometimes those reeds will be bent or broke...also check to see that the carb bolts are tight...sometimes with all the vibration, they work loose...much like a harley

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2019, 12:38 AM »
Does it stay Running if you hit the primer quick as its dyeing if it's a old model 30 Carb kit (diaphragm) and it will run like new again. 

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:33 AM »
Thanks allot for all the info
I appreciate it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.