Author Topic: Possible move to Cinnci  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Moosehaed

• IceShanty Rookie
Possible move to Cinnci
« on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Slight possiblity I might be moving to Cincinatti area by winter. Any ice fishing available within an hour drive?

Offline GOTICE?

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Possible move to Cinnci
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2018, 05:29 AM »
Theres a couple lakes north of Cincy. Check out Indian Lake, it is a shallow lake and one of the first lakes to freeze in Ohio. Lot of panfish and saugeye.  Kiser lake near Dayton is another one. Cincy seldom gets the right temps for ice fishing but it does happen.

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2018, 01:17 PM »
All depends on the weather closest you might get is CJ Brown by Springboro. Good crappie and blue gill. Next is kiser. I like kiser for the bluegill. Depending on what part of cincy your in, I'm southeast side of cincy and cj is an hour for me and kiser about 1 1/2 give or take. Not a good area if you have the ice addiction. Past few years have been short ice seasons. To make up for it I try to make a Michigan trip or two. Lets hope the weather continues as it's doing and we get a longer season.

Offline VD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:16 PM »
I'm visiting Bellefontaine and Dayton this weekend and looking for ice fishing spot on Saturday. Just called Indian Lake bait shop, they said "ice is gone". Sad news. May be other smaller lakes like Kiser are still good for fishing there?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.