Author Topic: 3 Trout species through the ice...Fresh meat  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
3 Trout species through the ice...Fresh meat
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:21 PM »
This last Monday, Sam and I got up to Grand Mesa to do some good ole social distance fishing...Sort of sucks since Remy won't be able to join us for a while and no fishing with subs either with everything going on...We had a lot of fun as the weather was pretty warm for the most part (snow storm hit us for about an hour), however the slush was insane! A good foot or so of slush/coldwater before you hit hard ice. Hard ice thickness was a good 2 feet and that was near the creek mouth spilling in. We found some good patches of solid slush so it was manageable...However I did soak myself running over to my secondary pole because I was too excited and didn't stay on the packed path I built :P

We hit a BoW that neither of us have ever open water or hard water fished. I thought I found a good spot but it was a pretty grindy day. Still managed some good fish though!
With meat running low in a lot of grocery stores; we decided to do a catch-and-cook themed episode with the 3 Trout species we caught...Had a lot of fun comparing the tastes, although all grand mesa trout seems to taste phenomenal!

Hope you guys enjoy the video! Went with a new intro technique with the drone shot that I recently learned! :)

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 3 Trout species through the ice...Fresh meat
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Very nice cool video 👍

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:02 PM »
Very nice cool video 👍

Thank you! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:34 PM »
I love how beautiful trout are, wish we had them the same size as New Zealand or Lake Michigan do.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I love how beautiful trout are, wish we had them the same size as New Zealand or Lake Michigan do.

Haha if we had a Great Lake to fish in they would be! They're Massive out of Lake Superior too. At least we got good variety of trout over here in Colorado!

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2020, 09:38 PM »
Nice video! Also enjoyed your recent pre storm/during storm river video.  I think that weird fish you got was a rainbow with a genetic mutation causing it to not have spots/pigmentation, or some kind of rainbow with genetic mutation more than likely.
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Nice video! Also enjoyed your recent pre storm/during storm river video.  I think that weird fish you got was a rainbow with a genetic mutation causing it to not have spots/pigmentation, or some kind of rainbow with genetic mutation more than likely.

Thanks Tim! It was nice to get out fishing in some non-popular waters. Glad you enjoyed the other video as well...I think that is probably the best explanation and what Sam and I have leaned toward. Was really cool looking.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Nice video
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2020, 09:38 PM »
Nice video

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it :) Was good to get out and get some meat!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.