Author Topic: 5 amp deWalt batteries  (Read 1724 times)

sunniewally

5 amp deWalt batteries
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Any one have problem with deWalt 5 a batteries not taking a charge? They are relatively new. 2019 made in malaysia one assembled in US the other in mexico. the one from mexico is junk. Came together in a kit.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 5 amp deWalt batteries
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:55 PM »
I have one and had no issue with it here. Used it all winter bought it last year.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Newman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2020, 07:05 PM »
I have 3. All good!

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:11 PM »
This is going to sound a little foolish or obvious but I had an issue when I first got mine, I thought they weren’t charging and the charger was bad. If it’s the black charger that comes with it make sure you fully “seat” the battery on the charger. After I figured out that I had to push the battery in place it worked fine.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:30 PM »
Not sure if your charger is the same but my charger has 4 sets of messages. Charged/ Charging/ too cold or too hot.

May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2020, 08:12 AM »
This is going to sound a little foolish or obvious but I had an issue when I first got mine, I thought they weren’t charging and the charger was bad. If it’s the black charger that comes with it make sure you fully “seat” the battery on the charger. After I figured out that I had to push the battery in place it worked fine.

Yep check that for certain ..next I send an Email to DeWalt with your concerns.Could be faulty .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

sunniewally

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Yup, did it all. chargers are good, 4 other batteries are good, One new one just don't seem to want to take a charge. Have to check out warranty. Thanks Just weird, that the only one is the one assembled in mexico!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.