The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: This used to be my favorite website. Things really Died down. What happened?  (Read 14982 times)

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
At least this topic is bringing some life to an otherwise dead MA forum.  :o

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
At least this topic is bringing some life to an otherwise dead MA forum.  :o

It's interesting how many of the guys chiming in on this are not from Ma. Many from far enough away that it's unlikely they ever fish here.

The OP's point with the question of "where did everyone go" was apparently missed by 2/3 of those that responded.

I'm curious why the Ma forum is more driven by so many guys from elsewhere and why so few guys are local?

Why does spot burning and safe ice questions matter so much to guys that don't fish here?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Its because i start at the home page and post everywhere on the site.i dont pay attention to where, but responded  to a post saying Iceshanty was going downhill,which its not but just alot of good guys and gals not wanting to spot burn is all.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its because i start at the home page and post everywhere on the site.i dont pay attention to where, but responded  to a post saying Iceshanty was going downhill,which its not but just alot of good guys and gals not wanting to spot burn is all.

That makes sense.
Come to think of it, every time I try to come to the Ma site, I end up on the homepage.

There's certainly no shortage of new posts on the homepage. Obviously IS in general is busy this time of year.
The Ma page, not so much. Surprisingly because a crapload of people ice fish here.

Although I am very active on FB for non-fishing groups, I don't use the FB fishing groups. I'm only a member of one and it's mostly adds from bait sellers and notices for tournaments.
Very little to no productive discussion.
The advantage of the old fashioned forum format is it lends itself to discussion. That's the reason I come here.
That and the chance to maybe put names to faces I see on the local ice.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular

This topic is about the MA forum going downhill. There’s no denying that a ton of people don’t post here anymore. The only person that even posts trip reports anymore is Bog Trotter and even he has been MIA recently. There used to be a couple pages of active topics here, now there are like 4. Where did everyone go?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
If it makes you feel better the Michigan page is kind of slow too,thats why i post all over.we can be civil/friends from other states.im here for icefishing in general not just my state.

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll start giving reports if people want to listen to them. I won't say where but I'll say what I caught and how much ice I had.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HīPē F˙Sh
Looks like lots of people that dont want to be here, yet wont leave....huh

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'll start giving reports if people want to listen to them. I won't say where but I'll say what I caught and how much ice I had.

I'm interested in seeing your reports. Even if I've seen them elsewhere.  ;)

There's plenty to be gained from seeing local reports. They don't have to contain the location.
Besides, I just like local reports. It makes it more real when it's in your own state even if you don't know where.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular

Post em up. No need for locations.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular

No. The problem is all the people already left.
Why do you care about the MA forum if you’re in Montana?

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HīPē F˙Sh
My bad, didn't know this page was private. I accept full responsibility for commenting on a public forum with antiquated programming...

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
My bad, didn't know this page was private. I accept full responsibility for commenting on a public forum with antiquated programming...

Post away….
I enjoy reading and seeing everyone’s trips, tips and techniques from all over. Including weather, ice etc.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HīPē F˙Sh
Same here! Thanks Hardwater2!! :thumbsup:

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular

Isn’t it a little strange that you’re from Montana but arguing in the MA forum with people from MA discussing what’s happened to the MA forum and it’s members.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HīPē F˙Sh
Isn't it a little strange that your bothered by it? Like I said, the forums arent private. You do notice there are other people from other parts of the US commenting right?

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lack of ice  :%$#!:
i think we all coment on other states theads  :thumbsup:
i do it, and enjoy reading others comments, tips and fun  ;D

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
If I used this site only for Quebec threads, I'd be talking to myself since day 1.

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Good read.  Regardless of which side of the coin you are on...NH board is the best of them all right now in my opinion. 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Well, it's posted on the "Recent topics" front of the forum, with the geographic area shown at bottom, which doesn't necessarily make it area specific, IMO. That WOULD make it deader than a tick on here, if you had to stick to your own area... Heck, hardly anyone posts on the Minnysoda site, there's friggin' cobwebs on the threads. I don't see it any different than chatting with anyone on the ice, in a bait shop, in a bar.......
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good read.  Regardless of which side of the coin you are on...NH board is the best of them all right now in my opinion.

Someone get this man a hotdog...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac

How are things in Missoula? You getting out much I heard it’s a late start

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HīPē F˙Sh
Super late start. And then we finally started getting ice but then we were further into snow season so now we have lots of places with ice thats about half or 1/3rd of what it should be covered in lots of snow and growing more slush by the seconds. Makes it challenging. We need the snow so bad though.  I did get to jig macs yesterday with a new rod I built and it was a gorgeous day so thats 3 wins in one day!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
For those that are statistically bent or simply curious...

Average registrations per day:15.79

Average posts per day:611.14

Average topics per day:44.60

Total Boards:199

Latest Member: Roscoe B

Average online per day:337.30

As of 5:18 pm CST...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Huh! Good job, there, 'sox!  Uh, the latest member ya listed...is that Rosco P. (B) Coltrane, maybe? Did he register Flash? O wait; I bet I know who he is.... ;D

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
welcome rosco b  ;D

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Missoulafish, welcome. Welcome anytime. I love to read about ice fishing whether here or on other states forums. All good, interesting stuff.
When I joined here, I was in my early 70’s and posted about ice fishing at a certain pond. One of the regulars here sent me a pm regarding spot burning. He was very diplomatic and his thoughts made all the sense in the world. I deleted the pond/lake names and was happy that he explained what can happen with naming fishing spots.
I have never met Jon, Pat, Jim, and the other regulars but I sure do enjoying reading their posts. Great forum, enjoy it. Thursday will be my first 2022 trip. Still get excited.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Super late start. And then we finally started getting ice but then we were further into snow season so now we have lots of places with ice thats about half or 1/3rd of what it should be covered in lots of snow and growing more slush by the seconds. Makes it challenging. We need the snow so bad though.  I did get to jig macs yesterday with a new rod I built and it was a gorgeous day so thats 3 wins in one day!

Glad to hear you are getting out , heavy snow on early ice is brutal

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Someone get this man a hotdog...

Please and thank you.  Skip BarS.  No love.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.