Author Topic: RI - Good bye  (Read 1655 times)

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
RI - Good bye
« on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Well the last post on the RI board was Feb 13'th and it was regarding Auger blades. I think its safe to say our ice is gone. I also do not see any hope in the forecast for a last chance freeze. Hope you all had a great season! My trip up north this past weekend has me itching to get up there one more time before I call it quits for the year. After that its time for some fresh water fishing followed by the salt. Good luck to all!
Just add water.

Offline MRC2572

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: RI - Good bye
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Still plenty of time up north. I fished 20" of good ice in Maine this past sunday. I can hopfully get back up ther for 2 or 3 more trips

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:58 AM »
I was on over 24" of ice in NH 4 days ago. Ice is not the issue, time is with a 15 month old and 2 adults with full time jobs (and 3 dogs). Either way, I am still trying to get up there one more time before I hang up the gear for good. Might start a February vacation tradition going forward.

However, RI ice is history.
Just add water.

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:42 AM »
We definitely got hosed on the ice this year. I'm heading up to NH this weekend for my "unofficial" end of the season when we pull the bob house in.
Marking anything?

Offline BobWhite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Have a great summer see you all next year

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Was on 7" in NWRI on Saturday but it's nearly gone now. Great season while it lasted around here but now it's time to travel. :)

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:03 PM »
 With the temps we had in late December and early January I'd a bet we'd be having a St. Paddy's Day party on the ice ... that's why I don't bet ;D

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Was a great season too bad the ground hog screwed us  :%$#!: >:D

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Agreed I had a great year! Met a bunch of guys from the website and got out a few times. Better than laying tile or painting bathrooms!

Have a great soft water fishing season. I'm already working up my trout and bass gear. I'll be ready once the lake fills again. Go Sox!
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Agreed! I have been crushing trout the last few days. Onto another season.
Just add water.

Offline rilobsterman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Crazy my buddy got me hooked on Ice fishing, got all the gear went 1/2 dozen LOVED IT! Now I went to Maine on Tuesday bought a Gheenoe and killin the local trout.Guy in Maine said 3 1/2' of ice in the Moosehead region-going to need an extension on my K-drill.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Well the last post on the RI board was Feb 13'th and it was regarding Auger blades. I think its safe to say our ice is gone. I also do not see any hope in the forecast for a last chance freeze. Hope you all had a great season! My trip up north this past weekend has me itching to get up there one more time before I call it quits for the year. After that its time for some fresh water fishing followed by the salt. Good luck to all!
come up here Buddy, BTW I love RI Seabass Galore fish for those instead if theres no ice.
Salmonemia

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2018, 02:20 PM »
NH definitely hit the jackpot with ice this year...love fishin Winni...tightlines man

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2018, 05:42 PM »
come up here Buddy, BTW I love RI Seabass Galore fish for those instead if theres no ice.

i am planning on heading up this upcoming friday and leaving sunday. should give me 2 full days of jigging and 3-4 sets on my cusk traps.  let me know if you will be around.
Just add water.

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2018, 08:59 PM »
On 10 inches of ice yesterday in Manchester, NH area. Ice is grey and full of air. Great day and tasty dinner. Can't beat deep fried crappie.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:36 AM »

seabass, fluke, and tautog galore!

the fishing is easy, the 5 hours of filleting blows. lol

let me know if your planning on being down these parts.

Just add water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.