Author Topic: Smitty Sled on Shark Tank  (Read 2200 times)

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
Smitty Sled on Shark Tank
« on: Jun 30, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Tossing the idea around.....
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Smitty Sled on Shark Tank
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2019, 07:47 PM »
You have a well proven product, be worth a shot.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2019, 08:43 PM »
I agree it's a proven product, but I think it will have to come with some kind of runners available. I haven't seen skis in local thrift stores on a regular basis since pre Y2K
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Runners would be a great addition.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2019, 07:34 AM »
You should absolutely try to get on. You came up with a great idea and lots of people use them - I remember coming back to the parking lot at Lake George a few years ago a few days after we had a fairly heavy snow and looking around and there were many of your sleds in use.

Even if you make it on and no one invests you will get a ton of publicity and sales not to mention you can advertise "as seen on Shark Tank".

Runners or skis as an option is a great idea. Twice when I needed skis I put a post on facebook and had a free pair both times within minutes and figure between that and craigslist I can always scrounge up a pair but if someone wants to order a pair having that option can't hurt.

The biggest issue/negative (perhaps the only one) I see with your kits is the shipping costs on an individual kit - if you could get some sort of distribution in place it would overcome that. I'm not sure if there would be a market for a heavy duty version to be pulled behind machines because they can just pull the shanty?

You could also try going directly to some of the shanty manufacturers.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2019, 07:44 AM »
I love the smitty sled but im not sure kevin oleary is going too.shark tank seems to sway away from seasonal products often and the only mass market is icefisherman.now if it was something for everyone person on the planet...not to be a downer at all but im just not sure the smitty is shark tank material.just my worthless opinion.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2019, 03:18 PM »
I say go for it. What could it hurt to try?

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:57 AM »
I love the smitty sled but im not sure kevin oleary is going too.shark tank seems to sway away from seasonal products often and the only mass market is icefisherman.now if it was something for everyone person on the planet...not to be a downer at all but im just not sure the smitty is shark tank material.just my worthless opinion.

as a shark tank connoisseur i agree.  I think the smitty sled is a pretty amazing concept.   but the tank would see it as 6 pieces of 2x4 and nuts and bolts in a small niche market (ice fishing is only an estimated 300-350 million dollar market...of which the sled market is probably a fraction of that. ) they are looking for multi billion dollar markets for the most part.   If the smitty sled was molded plastic and had a patent, its possible. 

Offline bouncin_toads

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2019, 12:03 PM »
You could utilize a runner system similar to the Shappell Sk4000 shacks removable skis. Just sayin...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Not enough market value, unfortunately.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.