Author Topic: practical jokes  (Read 8535 times)

tstelick

practical jokes
« on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:51 AM »
What are some good practical jokes to play on your buddies out on the ice?  I have not pulled many but I am always on the lookout to make sure they don't happen to me.

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:practical jokes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2003, 11:01 AM »
Here's an old one, When your buddy steps out of the
shanty,or away anywhere,put the ice skimmer on the
end of his ice fishing rod or his tip-up,feels like a fish
when you reel it in........
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Us Goatboys are always pulling practical jokes....ie: Raising ones flag while one isn't watching.
I've also pulled one where I was late to a few Goatboy outings. Before one Goatboy outing I had a wedding the night before so I basically told them I would be late. Well, I woke up extra early went to the bait shop and knew I had gotten there before everyone else. I got the bait shop owner in on it with me. After getting my bait, I went to the spot and set out my jet sled and pretended to be sleeping. When they got to the baitshop they talked about how I was going to be late, a bunch of other smack, etc, etc....The bait shop owner got a big kick out of it, knowing I was already on the ice.
When they finally got to the spot, to see their mouths drop was a Kodak moment. We still laught about till this day.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2003, 12:22 PM »
ONE TIME I HAD A FLAG AND CAUGHT A FISH, THE FISH HAD ANOTHER LINE IN IT AND THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END DIDNT KNOW HE HAD A FLAG YET. SO I YELL FLAG, THE GUY JUMPS UP AND WE PLAY TUG OF WAR FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES. HE THINKS HE HAS A WHOPPER, MEANWHILE A FRIEND OF MINE CATCHES A PERCH SMALLER THAN HIS BAIT(HE WAS FISHING FOR PIKE). SO I TAKE HIS HOOK AND PUT THE PERCH ON IT AND LET GO. MEANWHILE HE THNKS HE LOST HIS FISH AND ULLS THE LINE IN TO REBAIT THE HOOK. FINALLY HE GETS IS LINE OUT AND SEES THIS LITTLE DINK. SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE CURSING THAT DAY. WE WERE ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING SO HE KNEW SOETHING WAS GOING ON NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE IS ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING SAYING HE WAS GOING TO HAVE THAT MONSTER STUFFED.
ITS ALWAYS A GOD DAY ON THE ICE. ;)

HFT

« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2003, 05:05 PM »
We love our practical jokes. in Utah we only get one hole and one rod. Fishing with our group was slow so as the beer drinking goes,it has to be released, right! while my buddy is gone we take a can fill with water and hook it to his jig,when he comes back the tip of his rod is bouncing just like a fish and it fights like a fish all the way up. then it's get evens the rest of the day. he drills a hole 50' away to try a new spot while on  his way back we went to his new hole, filled it with snow and ice, being half drunk he could not find it. But his was the best, he just walked over to the other guys hole unzipped his pants and took a leak in his hole.
 ;DNow What do you do?  ??? Cut your line and loose your lures? and drill a new hole?

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:00 PM »
I once put a emerald shiner in my fishing partner's can of Pepsi when he went outside too take a leak.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2003, 06:29 PM »
I agree with Tony.  Nothing like flying down the throughway scrounging through your truck for change to pay the toll and reaching into your ash tray only to grab a hand full of pieces-parts.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2003, 08:57 PM »
You guys have just gave me new ideas on how to have some fun.

Dark_Cloud

« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2003, 09:43 PM »
Many, many options. Most of our jokes involve dead things like Tony said. A good one is while standing next to people for a group photo, slip a small fish or minnow in thier pocket. Dead squirrels in someones fish trap is always nice. Building a life size snowman on someones vehicle while they are out on the ice is a hoot.(right Tony). I once vacumme sealed a set of deer testicles and put them in a empty box of peanut brittle and shipped them from CNY to a buddy in Minnesota. The possibilities are endless. And sometimes not doing anything to anyone all day but seeing them all nervous and worried is as good as nailing them.
One and only rule we have is ~~ No food or beverage is to be tampered with!!!

Offline nunzio

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love a day on the ice!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2003, 11:37 PM »
LOL!!!!!
Dark_Cloud/TonyB;
That is just bent!!! ;)
There was a local fellow around here, a few years back, that drove around for a week with a bucks jewel pouch attached to his luggage rack....... not sure how those got there ;D ;) ;D

Not intended as a gotcha, but...... back went I was trapping, I made some of my own lures/scents. So I had alot of animal parts in jars, in the process of moving, I asked my Mother-in-law if I could keep a couple of herring jars in her fridge. She forgot about them after a couple of days. Soon, She goes to clean out her fridge, sees the 2 herring jars and opens one (in front of her face). The jar flys into the air and beaver castors on the floor!!!!!! Luckily She didn't open the other one as it had several pairs of mink glands in it!!  :o

Note: Minnow head inside the flip cap of the toothpaste is hard to top. BWCA Trip June 1999  ;)

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2003, 05:36 AM »
We were out Duck hunting a few years back and was having a great day. Their was this guy set up a little ways from us. Well while sitting their a flock of Mergansers flew through and wam we got some then a little while later he got a few mergansers, After a while this guy walks over to our blind to ask us what they were. I proceded to tell them that they were Pin Heads. He looked at me and the birds and asked are they any good to eat. I said sure make Pin head stew.but you need a few more so we gave him ours. Needless to say he left our setup and went back to his. Then he took the prized ducks home. Never did see him again Sure hope his stew was good. We still laugh about it today.
Cold Feet

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2003, 06:18 AM »
Cold feet
That's down right mean :P
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

missfishylicious

« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2003, 08:28 AM »
That trapping lure story reminded me of a good one not fishing related but funny.Back in the day when my husband still trapped .he set some traps in the woods behind a local high school and went back early the next morning to check them he pulled into this dirt road were he usually parked and there a sherrifs car there so he backs out figures hes looking to get some speeding teens so he parks in the school parking lot and goes into the woods to check his traps.well what he didn't know was the school had been vandilized the previous night and the cops were on a stake out .so when he comes out of the woods all of a sudden hes surounded with cops with there guns out (he's carrying his 22) so they take his gun and start going through his his pockets and this rookie cop finds a little brown bottle and asks him whats in the bottle and my husband tells him its fox urine you guessed it he doesn't believe him so to impress the sarge he rips the top off to take a big wiff and splashes it all over his chin and shirt.Hubby said the whole ordeel was worth it just to see the look on that kids face as he mummbled and choked to his superiour yep it's fox urine .well to say the least they couldn't let him go fast enough our local cops are a real hoot....True story

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2003, 09:08 AM »
can you say......Barney Fife ??
Pete Lewis

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2003, 09:18 AM »
I hope they dont let him have a bullet.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2003, 10:44 AM »
Triping another guys flag is a classic!  I once saw one guy cut another guy's line while he was fighting a nice gill, he just walked over and said "let me help you with that" and cut his line. They were brothers and always screwed with each other. But my all time favorite was when WallEyes replaced Vikingfans tip-up minnow with a sausage and tripped his flag, the look on his face! :o
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2003, 10:49 AM »
My favorite:

When it's nice and quite and everyone is waiting for a hit, scream out "ohhh" real loud. Everyone will turn to see you fighting a fish, but finish it off with "what a nice morning". Gets Jam Jam & Alpine high really pissed off at me.

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2003, 11:18 AM »
Hey Mr. Vancouvercanuck
When I was in college (Biology) I had a class called "Birds and Mammals".  Your photo reminds me of that class.  On a test one day we got the question "Why don't polar bears eat penguins?"
Dogfish

Offline Jigmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you ain't jigging you ain't fishin'
« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2003, 06:14 PM »
I keep an old Daisy red rider bb gun in the shanty and every once and a while I take a pop shot at someones tip up hitting the flag, we have kept many a fisherman busy all day long even when the fishing was slow, just be careful and have fun.

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2003, 06:17 PM »
Hummmm just loking at your picture,..very funny! but anyone notice (other than the cymbals and bag) anything wrong with this picture?

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2003, 06:31 PM »
I think the bears claws go the wrong way on his left paw.

Offline fish4walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shut up and fish
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2003, 07:21 PM »
don't all penguins carry master card?,,,in their purse :'(

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2003, 05:00 AM »
Yea no ones Ice Fishing
Cold Feet ;D ;D

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:19 AM »
ummmm yea the claws do look a little funny but I think hes turning his whole leg,...but thats not it.

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:30 AM »
Hummmm just loking at your picture,..very funny! but anyone notice (other than the cymbals and bag) anything wrong with this picture?
Well Polar Bears live in the Arctic.  Penguins live in the Antarctic.  Thus the two shall never meet :o
Dogfish

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:32 AM »
a good practical joke to play on one of your buds is to take his favorite beverage can  and poke a small hole just below where his lips woud be . whenever he takes a drink it'll dribble down his chin. i've done this alot and it's always a good laugh especialy if he does it over and over thinking that he's just missing his mouth.  

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:38 AM »
Dogfish
I'd have to disagree with you! The Penguin on the left has their travel bag in hand. They must of just flown in to pi$$ off the bear!
Cold Feet

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:51 AM »
Dogfish
I'd have to disagree with you! The Penguin on the left has their travel bag in hand. They must of just flown in to pi$$ off the bear!
Cold Feet
Penguins are flighless.  Where did he get the cash for airfare?  I have never known a penguin that could hold a job so these birds must have turned to a life of crime :o
Possibly rolling iguans in the Galapagos?
Bad Penguin >:(

grumpymoe

« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2003, 09:11 AM »
when the action is slow and all is quiet, holler "you dont have a bite"--gets em everytime :'(

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2003, 11:48 AM »
when the action is slow and all is quiet, holler "you dont have a bite"--gets em everytime :'(

ROTFLMFAO, I gotta remember that one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.