Author Topic: Bungalows but not Nip/Simcoe/Nosbonsing  (Read 1201 times)

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bungalows but not Nip/Simcoe/Nosbonsing
« on: Nov 29, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Hey everyone, so after a whole bunch of years hitting Nipissing for an annual ice fishing trip, the crew has tired of the lake and is looking for alternatives.

Just wondering what other outfitters are out there?

It's kind of hard to google as the Nip and Simcoe outfitters dominate the results, but there must be smaller operations that are word of mouth or locally advertised that we haven't heard about...

We're basically willing to travel anywhere in Ontario, driving there isn't an issue. We would prefer on-ice bungalows, but cottages with huts nearby (we don't have sleds) works too.

We enjoy Temagami but the lake trout season doesn't open till mid-February (also from what I've heard John Harding isn't running his huts anymore, he had a great little operation).

So does anyone have any leads for us?

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bungalows but not Nip/Simcoe/Nosbonsing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2019, 02:02 AM »
Check out Prime Time ice bungalows on Rosseau.  I've heard there are a few in the Ottawa area as well.

Offline jow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2019, 02:45 PM »
give the Ottawa river a go. pike walleye perch whities and speck lakes to boot

Offline Jjjooohhhnnn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2019, 10:19 AM »
Prime time is a joke, we stayed there a couple of years back:

out house didn’t have a hole cut out of the bench so we had to squat over the bucket. He said it was a new and he didn’t get a chance to finish it.

The sleeper hut wasn’t heated when we arrived.

The next morning, the host chefy” got drunk and forgot to pick up an other group so they walked out 3km with all their gear to the huts and then the host “chefy” tried to start a fight with them .....no joke

Came into our hut saying every racial slur and literally told us he would “rag doll” us if anything happen to his auger.

I’m not exaggerating and holding back a lot. This was the worst winter outfitter I have ever come across in my 20 years of renting ice bungalows

Fishing was good, we did well with lake trout.

But not worth your time

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Well here's a bunch on Lake Nosbonsing, south of North Bay.  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=lake+mosbonsing+ice+fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.