Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Yellow Bass Bonanza  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yellow Bass Bonanza
« on: Oct 09, 2017, 08:19 PM »
I just registered for the Yellow Bass Bonanza on clear lake for the first time. Has anyone done this event in the past. Looks like a great time and seems to be growing every year.

Bryan

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Yellow Bass Bonanza
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Yes, this will be my 4th year on it I believe.  It will be a crazy event this year since they are adding around 40-50 additional teams.  Could be mass chaos at launch.  Over all a fun tournament and there is always a chance to score a good prize.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:20 PM »
Guys make sure you update your sig to the new one as the old one will be dead soon since Photobucket is charging for hosting now.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:26 PM »
I will be going. I believe it will be my fourth or fifth one.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2017, 09:01 PM »
I don't have a four wheeler or snow mobile. Will it be pretty hard walking to find spots?

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2017, 10:27 PM »
How do you get that signature? That thing is sweet!

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2017, 09:57 AM »
I made it, follow the instructions in the Iowegian post, all you're doing now is posting a hyperlink, you need to put the img brackets. Just copy and paste the info and remove the space from infront of the img I posted.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:02 AM »
I don't have a four wheeler or snow mobile. Will it be pretty hard walking to find spots?

i'm curious as well...

Catchin' Fish

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2017, 01:58 PM »
Call me the voice in the wilderness but I don't think large signatures are a great idea.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Call me the voice in the wilderness but I don't think large signatures are a great idea.

IceShanty seemed to like the idea when I suggested it to him...

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2017, 02:14 PM »
I can't figure the damn thing out using my phone. Just posts the link.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2017, 02:16 PM »
I can't figure the damn thing out using my phone. Just posts the link.

You aren't typing the right file ending its .png[/img]. It works best if you copy and paste.

Offline Crappyfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:56 PM »
This will be my 4th year fishing the ybb. You can definitely fish the tournament by foot. You will loose a little time from walking, but I walked the first year and caught plenty of fish. It’s a pretty fun time. Lots of prizes and the fish are a blast when you find a school. I caught 70 yellow bass during the tournament Last year and I got 40th place, this year I hope to get top 25! Be even better if I win a ATV.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2017, 09:38 PM »
This will be my 4th year fishing the ybb. You can definitely fish the tournament by foot. You will loose a little time from walking, but I walked the first year and caught plenty of fish. It’s a pretty fun time. Lots of prizes and the fish are a blast when you find a school. I caught 70 yellow bass during the tournament Last year and I got 40th place, this year I hope to get top 25! Be even better if I win a ATV.

Wow 70 fish for 40th. I would be happy with 15. Haha. Did you win any prizes?

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:49 PM »
Very fun tournament. I've fished it every year since the beginning. First year I weighed 2 yellows, weighed 10 my second year and then figured them out. Placed 25th the next year, 13th the year after and last year ended up in 4th. Caught 200 yellows last year tournament morning and 1st place still had quite a lead on me. Find schools of bigger fish. It can be fished on foot however expect to lose time traveling. If you can find them on Baptist Camp then you'll be looking good for walking. If you have to trek across the little lake or over to Farmers then pack light and expect a bit of a walk. It'll be a fun event, especially with 50 more teams race against during the start ;)

Offline hotrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Very fun event, and like most have stated, a great chance to win prizes.  The Bash the night before is always a good time.  A great place to catch up with guys that are "Internet" friends that you rarely see.  This year there will be 300 teams in the event. 

As for prizes, in years past they always give out prizes for the top 25 teams, then have random places for prizes all the way down. For example: 75th was a K-Drill, 120th was a Vexilar FL-20 and 175th was a 6in K-Drill

Walking: yes, there are typically enough YB in little lake to get a limit, which wasn't easy last year.  Walking is a time hinderance, but as for the whole experience it shouldn't change much.  A great event and some of the money raised, especially the special raffles at the bash go to charity.

Last I heard, there are only 10 spots left to sign up...so if you are not signed up you better hurry.   I give it 2 thumbs up
"I never go ice fishing without my Vexilar" ~Dave Genz
www.fishingwithtoddree d.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.