Author Topic: Red Fleet Walleye  (Read 1141 times)

Offline perch_rookie

• IceShanty Rookie
Red Fleet Walleye
« on: Jan 20, 2011, 01:09 PM »
I'll be in Vernal for the next 4-5 days and wondering if anyone has had success pulling walleye through the ice.  It's unfortunate they were introduced.  But it sounds like it was a while ago due to all the netting reports I've seen.  Never caugth a walleye before and would welcome any tips.  Lets thin those buggers out!

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re: Red Fleet Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Well, you can't use live bait in Utah.  And you can only use two lines if you buy a second pole permit.  So... I'd get the second pole permit and set up either a tip up or a rod and reel with the bail open and suspend a worm or a dead minnow.  Then I'd try jigging something like a swedish pimple or a chubby darter or the like on another rod.  If the bait started to really produce, I'd set both rods up to fish with bait.  As for where, how deep?  Your guess is as good as mine.  I've never been to Red Fleet.  But I hope you can get in to them and thin them out a little.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.