Author Topic: Eskimo QuickFish  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo QuickFish
« on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Anyone have one? Thoughts and or opinions? I’m thinking about getting one. Usually only me and one other inside. Maybe a kid with us from time to time. Don’t need insulation.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo QuickFish
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:24 AM »
If you're going to use a heater, I would recommend an insulated model.
I have the Fatfish 949 non-insulated and we do get a lot of condensation while using the heater on cold days.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:08 AM »
the brand is good. they make shelters for other companies. gander mountain for an example.
i'd say they are in the middle of the road quality and price wise. support is great from them.

agree that an insulated will all but stop the condensation while heating it. but if it gets wet, it will be a lot heavier and much harder to dry. it also reduces some noise like wind flap.

i'd buy bigger than you think you need tho. maybe set up a footprint of how big it is in the yard and try to figure out how you would utilize the valuable space.

personally i prefer a flip over for speed and convenience and a huge time saver. i have two hub shelters. one insulated and one not, both are big and roomy and they are nice to be able to get up and walk around inside to stretch out. they stay home 99 percent of the time. it is nice to have the option to be able to provide shelter for others when needed tho. like taking the spouse fishing. they are not as easy to move as a flip. not as easy to set up or take down either. needing an extra sled just to bring a hub shelter and things is yet another cost and trying to keep the things in it dry during a snow event. most times i bring the entire sled inside the hub shelter.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2018, 04:38 PM »
My only con with the QUICKFISH was the smaller doors. My robust ( some say fat ) physique may have a lot to do with this. Otter  doors  size seem right to me. The Frabill also worked alright.

Kept tripping on the Eskimo so I sold it.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Love my fatfish. Owned since 2014. It has kept me warm and sheltered with a propane heater at -20F with 20mph winds and fits easily in my compact sedan. No issues with ripping/breaking/mold/etc. Can set up and break down on my own (lose the carrying bag out came with and use straps instead).
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2018, 06:09 PM »
I have a Quickfish 4 and a Quickfish 3i. Both have been trouble free and are quality shelters for the price. The QF 4 is a good size for my son and I since we have a lot of equipment with us. When alone I like the QF 3i.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2018, 01:19 PM »
No complaints from me regarding my QuickFish 3i. Gets a little cozy with more than 2 people, but I rarely fish with a large group.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2018, 03:22 PM »
I'd go with something a little bigger than a Quickfish 3 if you are planning on at least two people and occasionaly a small child.  There is not much room left after you get 3 people inside with flashers/finders, chairs, and a heater. With 3 people fishing  you are probably better off with one of the Fatfish models.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:11 AM »
My QuickFish 3i allows room for two guys, three holes each, plus buckets and lanterns/heaters and elbow space. The Sage said it was not too bad. He even took his coat off. A kid and two grownups has plenty of room, assuming the adults are willing to fish one spot only. It's a bit heavy, so get a sled to carry it and your gear.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline MeanGeno

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:49 AM »
I have a QF3....actually ordered one and was all kind of problematic and wouldnt set up or take down without a major fight. Eskimo gave me some suggestions but ended up senting it back for refund from Amazon.  Fortunaley for me, 2 weeks later found a QF3 that was end of season sale for only $75  (plus $40 shipping) from company in  PA.  Received and piece o cake setting up and taking down.  LOVE it.   would keep my eye out for steal of deal 3i but love this  for 2 guys....nice as nice can be! ;D

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:05 PM »
I wanted a Fatfish 949i last year, but ended up picking up a Quickfish 5i when Cabela's clearance price combined with the ebay deal on $100 cabela's giftcards for $80 made it too good of a deal to pass up.  I got out with it one time and it is definitely huge, but makes for an enjoyable experience when taking multiple kids and adults. I can't wait for this year to get out and use it some more. I am still looking for a 1 person for solo trips, as the 5i is major overkill for me alone.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Frabill Ottter eskimo I have them all I do like my eskimo qf3i no complaints so far.
 Don't like the shappell much??  Or looking at a spare??  If I was you I would get thermal.. better fabric but wait for the better deals like after thanks giving black friday or just before for the opener sales.. find one cheap!!some of the pre black friday sale were better then black friday sales..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.