Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Humminbird 45 color pallette  (Read 838 times)

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
Humminbird 45 color pallette
« on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:12 PM »
I have a new ice 45  i purchased in december. It worked just like my buddies theough friday. When i turned it on on saturday with a full charge the color pallette is different. The bottom of the lake is still red. Then it starts transitioning to blue. All of the old orange lines on the left jow eliminate blue instead of orange. Heres the kicker, it still picks up fish and my bait. The smaller fish come in blue and green, the larger ones still come in orange and red. So i now have four colors instead of just the three. Any ideas?

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Humminbird 45 color pallette
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:41 AM »
No clue about Humminbird but my Vexilar you can change the colors. Maybe you changed it by accident. Read the instruction book?

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Thats what i was thinking. The instruction book stated that the 45 is only able to use  green orange and red and that there is no blue capability. Thats only on the ice 55.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Was this post-beverages by chance?

Just kidding of course. I have only ever heard of one other case of blue lines on a 45 and I'm not sure I heard the result (or remember it). If it works, then it works I guess. Maybe there was a screw up in the factory and you got some ice 55 parts in there. I'd consider it a bonus.

What does it look like in simulator mode? (press and hold adjustment knob when turning unit on)
EYECONICFISHING

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:42 PM »
I will try to put in simulator mode tonight and see. That may just show it so i can get a pic and post.

Offline OGCollard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bring on the Ice!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:55 PM »
well I just heard back from hummingbird. Basically they said every now and then they have some 45's that show blue like this. they recommended sending it in for servicing as it sounds like something internal is going on. Since it is a two year warranty and it seems to be working fine other than the color I will be waiting until after the ice season. I will still put a picture up after I take one on Thursday just so you can see it cause it looks funky.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.