Author Topic: The New Better Dog!  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
The New Better Dog!
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:51 PM »
Does this count for hardwater cuisine?

I figure in a pinch it is  ;D

WS

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The New Better Dog!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Compared to what you could be doing? :sick:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:49 PM »
In a pinch, yes, but I'd suggest you roll each one in a strip of bacon. Everyone knows dogs like bacon.  ;D

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Been slicing these up & putting a lil bit of Sweet baby Rays BBq sauce on them ,wrapped in foil. Do that at home & them warm em up on the ice. It works out, for a quick meal. The bacon bologna is not all that good.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:07 AM »
I'd be happy if I found those at the convenience store and needed to grab food in a pinch on the way to the lake but I'd rather go outta my way to get some nice Chirizo or Andouille sausage from the butcher for the "ice kitchen".
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline EssoxHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Whoa black crappie bam da lam
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Venison hotdogs and venison sausage and venison steaks...ideal hard water fare :)
Catch And Release  Pike And Muskie!!!

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Venison hotdogs and venison sausage and venison steaks...ideal hard water fare :)
Now yer talkin.  Them factory hot dogs are nothing but last ditch survival food because you're out of real sausages and the deli is closed. I'll throw some jerky in with a cup of soup B4 I touch commercial hot dogs.  They don't even have any meat in them.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Now yer talkin.  Them factory hot dogs are nothing but last ditch survival food because you're out of real sausages and the deli is closed. I'll throw some jerky in with a cup of soup B4 I touch commercial hot dogs.  They don't even have any meat in them.
if you ever seen hot dogs being made you probably would not eat them,on a pig the only thing wasted is the oink,I still have visions once in a while when I see somebody eating them nasty nasty stuff

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Maybe there is a reason that commercial hot dogs are shaped the same way initially that they will come out eventually....  :P  DH

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:45 AM »
if you ever seen hot dogs being made you probably would not eat them,on a pig the only thing wasted is the oink,I still have visions once in a while when I see somebody eating them nasty nasty stuff

Cheese Whiz is also some nasty looking stuff before they give it the pretty yellow color  ;D

WS

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:33 PM »
Been eating lots for about 66 years and seem to be in fine health. Don't want to end up in the terminal ward after living on 'health food' and dying of nothing. Please pass the Cheese Whiz and salt, I need it on the dogs I'm having for lunch.

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2014, 07:36 AM »
A company called "Bar-S" makes a Jalapeno Cheddar hotdog or sausage comes 14 in a pack I thought they were real good. wrapped them singly in foil and heated them in front of the Mr.buddy worked great.
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2014, 10:20 AM »
These aren't too bad...

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:16 PM »
A company called "Bar-S" makes a Jalapeno Cheddar hotdog or sausage comes 14 in a pack I thought they were real good. wrapped them singly in foil and heated them in front of the Mr.buddy worked great.
"Bar-S"  around here is considered the bottom of the barrel !Wish I could find some of those Jalapeno cheddar sausages. I would slather them in Cheese whiz, & hit them w/ some mustard ,catsup & onion. Add a cheap 24 oz. tall boy,& that's  a feast ;D
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2014, 05:01 PM »
If there was a trail of $1000 bills leading to the meat case where those dogs were I'd fly in the opposite direction.

There's only 1 hot dog in the world worth eating;

If you don't know Zweigles......you can order on line. A Rochester NY original.

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 AM »
I second this post ^

Offline PineappleExpress

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hobby fisherman....trying to learn....
« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Hoffman's, then Zweigle's. I love them Snappy Grillers!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.