Author Topic: Next trip the Gorge MORE PICS ADDED 2-7-18  (Read 7676 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Next trip the Gorge
« Reply #60 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:14 PM »
 Nicefish Joe it's to bad I had to miss the trip but my father in-law isn't doing good. I am not sure if I should put my ice gear away or what to think of this damn weather.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Joe it was nice to meet you and Ryan! Friday night fishing was a blast, good times and lots of laughs. Good group of guys, I got to put a lot of faces with user names on here. Wind was a little rough, but I really had an enjoyable time. Thanks to Matt and his hospitality as usual. Matt(Musky) is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Always makes you feel welcome, and an all around good time to hang out with. Thanks to all. Hope to have a few more fun trips in the future.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Not certain fish Joe it's to bad I had to miss the trip but my father in-law isn't doing good. I am not sure if I should put my ice gear away or what to think of this damn weather.
The trip wasn’t the same without you buddy! God speed to you and the family.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Joe it was nice to meet you and Ryan! Friday night fishing was a blast, good times and lots of laughs. Good group of guys, I got to put a lot of faces with user names on here. Wind was a little rough, but I really had an enjoyable time. Thanks to Matt and his hospitality as usual. Matt(Musky) is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Always makes you feel welcome, and an all around good time to hang out with. Thanks to all. Hope to have a few more fun trips in the future.
Was great to see you again. Keep coming to these trips so that this old man can keep names and faces straight. Was great to see all of the regular guys as always! I am stealing Luke’s rod holder idea. Definitely need to get Tyson as a regular, he is quite a good cook!

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Rod holder? Did I miss out on someone's new set-up?
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #65 on: Feb 07, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Hey Damon luke had some really tall pole holders he made that would have impressed gale for sure, not much bending over to hook those fish. Sorry it took so long to get these up but here it goes. The 2 days 2 nights of fishing turned out to be very good as there wasnt a day or night that we weren't getting into something. No big lakers that i seen but plenty of pups and some burbs up to 30" These are a few of my son inlaws pics, 1st his 1st fish thru an ice hole was a pup

And one his burbs

And him showing off some of daytime catches

A few pups for myself

One of the bigger burbs caught by our group going 30in

Those were all the fish pics I came home with as I have plenty of pup and burb pics but I did get some great scenery shots. Starting with the 1st day out day fishing after we got camp set up

Catching a quick nap before the night time fishing started, my son inlaw was wore out sitting in that wind hooking pups enjoying a few cold ones

Dinner done MMM burritos on the buddy

2nd day chilling in the tent around camp out of the wind provided plenty of things to do resetting wind side ice anchors in all the tents. I'm really surprised we didnt loose any tents this trip as that wind had to have gusted to atleast 40-50mph at one point

And of course more naps on saturday. LOL

The 2nd night provided us with a great moon, no wind and a nice fire night. Any one thats done the night fishing at the gorge for burbs knows how beautiful these night lights can be when you get your whole spread out

Some great fire shots playing with one of the drinks of choice that I should have left home

And then the worst part packing it all back up to head out

I decided to take a few pics of what the blowing water did to this ice on the edge. It really shows what that wind can do to ice. I was walking on this stuff when we arrived on friday. It was 9-10in and by saturday the egdes were going going gone

Time to pull out when the trailers loaded

Some parting shots from on of the ridges above the Blacks arm looking down stream, that ice was going all weekend. I didnt have to clean one hoile out more than once and that was just after drilling it. Pretty sorry ice year. I hope everyone is safe out there finishing out this season. We seen many holes that opened up by sunday to the size of a wheeler that were not realyy there on friday. So be safe and check the ice as you go

Another great year at the gorge has come and gone, Thanks to all that came out to spend some time even if it was just to shhot the B.S. for just a few mins. Great to see everyone again  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Next trip the Gorge MORE PICS ADDED 2-7-18
« Reply #66 on: Feb 07, 2018, 12:30 PM »
It looks like a great time but there was to many naps going on lol dam rookies 😂😂.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:00 PM »
Wow! Amazing how fast that hole opened up against the shore. Thanks again Matt and all the fellow shanty members. A fun trip for sure.

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 08, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Looks like everyone had a great time. Lots of fish and lots of fun. Cool way to break in the SIL looks like he'll remember most of it for a long time. Those edges where crazy how it pulled off. Thanks to all of you for sharing the pictures and reports.
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #69 on: Feb 08, 2018, 01:03 PM »
It looks like a great time but there was to many naps going on lol dam rookies 😂😂.

I think I should have taken atleast one nap myself, but I made up for it when I got home  ;D

Wow! Amazing how fast that hole opened up against the shore. Thanks again Matt and all the fellow shanty members. A fun trip for sure.

That shore did open up quite a bit, wind is detrimental on ice for sure. Great times

Looks like everyone had a great time. Lots of fish and lots of fun. Cool way to break in the SIL looks like he'll remember most of it for a long time. Those edges where crazy how it pulled off. Thanks to all of you for sharing the pictures and reports.

It was a great time, The SIL is defionately broke into the ice scene and camping on the ice to boot. Sorry I didnt get to sending you some pics but I knew you would catch them on here
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.