Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212313 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #60 on: Oct 15, 2022, 10:15 PM »
Good evening nice sunny day here with high temperature in the middle sixties. No new bear activity that I'm aware of at the Monroe-Woodbury school campus.  I will to look for stories on today's football game between Newburgh and Kingston assume no problems.
ActiveTrapChecker welcome to the New (;45 thread.  thank you for the dining suggestion
Ice Wanderer may you have completed the toilet and dock repairs. I hope you can get out with your muzzle loader during the week.
Raquettedacker may you find time other then weekends to get out deer hunting.
Hunts2long may you received the safety glasses soon and be able to head for the woods.. IT should have been a good day to view the fall colors enjoy the visit with your sister and nephew.
Eddie may Steve and his friends have caught some salmon today and sent you pictures. I also hope Mike had a chance to fire his muzzle loader on a nice buck.
Wallyworld thank you for posting photos from the hatchery. Best to Mr.WW when he resumes hunting.
IFF good to hear you still have time before needing cataract surgery.  Strange that the doctor can not give you the Covid booster shots.
Fish/hunt4ever glad for you and your wife there was still time to hunt cranes after you had to go into work. Congratulations to both of you on getting the birds.

May everyone have a  good night and Sunday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #61 on: Oct 16, 2022, 04:59 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 39* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                        H2l.........I hope you had a nice ride and visit with your sister and nephew. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie......It was problably a hard thing to pass on the river trip but totally understand your reasoning. :whistle:
                        Wally......The fish hatchery looked busy.  :o
                        Fish........Good job on the crane hunt. :thumbsup: :clap:
                        Steve......No news is good news on both accounts. :blink:
                        Active.....Welcome to the morning addiction. :thumbsup: :clap:
                        Bud........I've driven throgh Tennessee years ago going to college and hit an ice storm somewhere across the state. So yes Virginia there is winter
               in Tennessee. :whistle: :roflmao:
                        We're working again this morning, then I have leaf lean up, if enough time is left I'll take a walk with the smoke pole.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Oct 16, 2022, 06:05 AM »
36* and clear.

The trip went well and the hills are filled with color. Went up Rt. 10 to Caroga Lake, Bleeker and down to Benson. Stopped and saw my brother and his wife. My brother has been doing some re-modelling at Lapland Lake and pinched a nerve in his neck while hanging sheetrock. He can hardily move. The wife is taking my sister back this PM.

Took a ride up to Benson to check out how many guys were hunting yesterday morning. Not as many as I thought there would be. Did see a few deer along the road and a ton of turkeys.

Syracuse looked pretty good yesterday but the Yankees not so much.

F/H4, nice going on the cranes, they are a big bird.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #63 on: Oct 16, 2022, 06:09 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  40* and clear this morning, might touch 60 for a high today.

Jeff…think the hardest part about passing on that last fishing trip yesterday was taking all my gear back out of the truck and putting it away for the season.  :'(  Hope today’s project goes well and the day ends with a boom and a cloud of smoke…best of luck this afternoon!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…will be keeping the fingers crossed on good news from both events today!  :thumbsup:  Steve and his buddies all had landed fish except one, but they all had multiple hookups and a great time!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…Congratulations to you and your wife on a successful trip! Thanks for the pictures and letting us tag along, awesome job!  :clap: :bow:
  Bud..hope your vision has cleared up today, will store your eye examination response in memory to use at a later date…well done!!  :thumbsup: :roflmao: :clap:
  Wally…the surf mission was successful, hopefully by late morning the turf mission will be also!  ;D  Thank You for the hatchery pictures, I need to get up there at some point to watch that take place!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…what’s on today’s planner?
  H2…glad you enjoyed the outing yesterday with the family, best of luck on the lanes tonight sweeping up the points!   :thumbsup:  Hunted Benson area quite a bit back in the day, thanks for rekindling the memories!
  ATC…welcome to the 9:45!  :thumbsup:

Reports from the Salmon River were very good yesterday from my son Stephen. Double digit hookups for him and a few of his buddies and quite a few landed. Understand one of the crew lost his footing and got baptized…nothing lost but a tad of his ego from the more than likely ball busting which followed knowing that crew.  ;D
  Word from the Adirondack’s Mountains where Mike is hunting was a slow day afield for him and his partner, although his buddy had one sneak by and just caught the last glimpse of it before he could get the scope on it. Hopefully this morning something will happen.  :thumbsup:
  Dinner plans with most of the family again late afternoon and maybe a small fire for S’mores before calling it a day.  ;D
  Cawfee’s on and strong this am, see some apple crisp under the dome…help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Oct 16, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....you'll shake your head at the "winter weather" that brings everything to a halt in Tennessee  ;D 

IW.....hope you get your work done early and get time to take a walk later  ;)

FH4.....congrats on the birds  :clap:

Eddie.....good thing it was a "warm" day for the dunking  :roflmao:  congrats to Stephen and crew on the fish  :flex:  good luck to Mike today  ;)

H2L....best of luck gaining some ground tonight  ;)2

WS.....hope whatever jobs you have lined up go smoothly this week and you can get back in the stand :flex:

MrC....good to hear Yogi's behaving  :thumbsup:

My morning visitors

Leaf cleanup round 2 on the list today  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Oct 16, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Good morning crew, WW you going to invite one of your visitors for a Thursday dinner ??? 

Now knowing some of you use a lot of wood for heating your homes in “ yankee country”. Is it because you find it cheaper than other fuels than electric, propane or no natural gas available ???  Here being so rural I have noticed lots of homes have large LP tanks. And when checking the new trailer companies it’s an option.  Wood would be a lot more time consuming

Also see there’s freeze warning temperatures for 4 nights in the local area.

Now for my morning coffee will check back in later to see what’s been posted
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Oct 16, 2022, 08:59 AM »
Calm and no rain to start the day. The weather guesser gal keeps saying rain coming shortly. The only rain I see is over in Wisconsin. Wet cold start to the week with snow possible. Then back to the 60's next weekend.

My oldest son took his wife down to Ohio for a meeting. He did some research on a great-great grandfather that had served in the Spanish-American war. He found a couple of his kin and where they were buried in Ohio. He did find one of the graves. He spent quite a while cleaning up the gravestone.

On the way home, he got behind a pickup with Eilers Rod Shop East out of VA. It was his cousin. Small world. My son is trying to keep up with me running into someone he knows a long way from home.

WS My grandson knows where the buck that I sent the picture of beds down. The problem is there are 4 trails that it can come out of and being at the right one.

Two women from Porto Ricko bought the lot behind us. First off they were trespassing on other lots taking pictures of the other places near their lot. so they could send pictures to someone back home.  Now they have bought a chainsaw to save money on clearing the lot. They have no clue how to fall a tree. They do not notch them. They just go around and around the tree until it falls. They cut a dead tree 10 feet from my line. Waist high still hung on the stump and hung up in the trees. Luckily it did not come my way. Hopefully, they do not try to cut the trees on their property right on their side of the line as they all lean toward my property.
Hopefully, you can get a crack at that buck when you get back to the shack.

ww Do you have a possession limit n NY. I think that ours is 3 times the daily limit. They caught some out-of-state guys at a dam with no licenses and way over the limit. The fish were donated to a food pantry. It does not sound like it is going to cost them that much.

Steve Bears in Michigan are continually expanding their range, south. Last night a bear got into an unlocked car and then locked itself in. The interior of the car is destroyed. I have not heard the outcome of what they did with the bear.

Tme for breakfst and then a trip to get some groceries. The wife is feeling sme what better so she is going with me.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Oct 16, 2022, 10:22 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

41 degrees which is about the high for the day. This afternoon the winds will ramp up and should blow a lot more leaves off the trees. As pretty as they were this year they sure didn't last long.

FH4...Congratulation on a good outing :thumbsup:

IW...Best of luck if you take a walk with your smoke pole :thumbsup:

Eddie...Enjoy the smores Sir, sounds like a fun day with family :thumbsup: I have to go look at  tree job ??? My understanding is that this person has 6-8 trees that just need dropping. They got my name from one of my old customers so I will look at the job and see what it involves. If it's more than just dropping I will try to line it up for in the spring.

WW...Nice picture :thumbsup: Our turkeys have been visiting also along with a lone opossum ???

Bud...We have always burnt wood here. We do have natural gas for hot water and cooking but our furnace rarely if ever kicks on during the winter. My situation is a little different in that I get paid for 95% of the wood I cut. It would be quite an investment if a person wanted to start burning wood from scratch. Maybe if Dave (Drifter) sees this he can comment on the pellet stove he has.

TT...Best of luck to your grandson, I hope he gets and opportunity at that buck. :thumbsup: Your neighbors sound trouble in the making  ;) :cookoo: I hope they don't end up getting hurt or hurting someone.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Oct 16, 2022, 05:27 PM »
Looks like I will be doing a bit of research on the Fuel topic.

On a separate note I am beginning to think I may be surrounded by  “Proud Boys and  Oath Keepers “  sure have been hearing a lot of I would say is Gun shots that sure sounds like automatic weapons fire.  6 and 8 rounds burst’s in a second or less.

Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #69 on: Oct 16, 2022, 06:00 PM »
Bud, it sounds (no pun intended) like it's time to move back up north!!! They can be some nasty dudes!!!  :whistle: :%$#!: :callcops:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Oct 16, 2022, 06:03 PM »
IFF….we pretty much heat entirely with wood. The only time the oil furnace runs is when we go away for a few days. Made the decision to switch to wood 10 or 12 years ago when the price of oil went sky high. We have our own wood lot full of hard wood so except for the original expense of the boiler, saws and splitter, our heat is free.
X2 OS’s comment!!

TT…..no possession limits in NY except for transporting fish, that’s a 2 day limit . No problem with number of fish in the freezer

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #71 on: Oct 16, 2022, 10:19 PM »
Good evening, when I checked local media sources this morning did not see any updates on the Monroe-Woodbury bear so it may have moved to another area and food source. The Newburgh-Kingston football game was held with no problem not that I was expecting one. The security teams and athletic offices of both school districts worked together to form a safety plan. There was a designated parking area and entrance to playing field for Kingston fans. gates opened at 1:20 PM for the 2:00 Pm start time game. Attendance limited to first 1,000 spectators. Newburgh won the game by a score of 55 to 12 making it ten victories in a row for Newburgh in the rivalry. Currently Newburgh is ahead with a record of 59 wins 52 losses and 5 ties . The rivalry started back in 1915.
Ice Wanderer may all have gone well with the morning job and leaf clean up of your yard. Did you have time to get out hunting with the muzzle loader.
Hunts2long glad you had a good time and visit with your sister and nephew. may your brother's neck get better with some rest.
eddie Congratulations to Stephen and his friends on catching some salmon. may mike have seen more deer this morning and gotten a chance to harvest one.
Wallyworld between the schools,outlet mall and other businesses in the area enough dumpsters to turn even Boo Boo into a problem bear. thank you for the photo of turkeys. May it be a while before round 3 of leaf clean up is needed at your home.
IFF as WS and Wallyworld both mentioned having a source for the fire wood is a big help a lowers cost over having to buy the wood of bags of pellets for that type of stove. Depending on how friendly you have gotten with you neighbors maybe inquire to see what they know about the gun shots. may you not have a militia group close to your home.
TomturkeyNice that your oldest son was able to find the graves of some of his ancestors while in Ohio. Funny how he and a cousin were in the same area when it is not home territory for either of them. May your grandson get a shot at the buck he has been tracking. Hopefully your new neighbors will not cause damage to your property and house with their tree removal. thank you for sharing the info. and story on Michigan's bears.
Whopper Stopper some years the fall colors are not around that long due to weather conditions. have fun watching the turkeys and opossum.
OldSailor sadly the militia groups can be found any and everywhere so moving may not help IFF .

Keep safe,stay healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #72 on: Oct 17, 2022, 04:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 39* and mostly clear here on my hill, showers moving in later. ::)
                           Eddie.........Congratu lations to Stephen and the boys on a good trip.  :flex: Someone always has to be baptized once.  :roflmao:
                           Bud...........I buy my wood in log length and cut, split and stack it. It runs me $700 for the load plus $35 for gas. If I was burn oil
                  it would cast about $3000 with the oil prices that they are now. :%$#!: :cookoo: I'll take the wood. :whistle: I know a few people that
                  burn pellets and buy them in bulk to save $$$ :whistle:
                           Marv..........Hopefull y the job is to just drop the trees? :unsure:
                           Wally.........Turkeys have sure made their presence around here. :o
                           H2l............Hopeful ly you and your team di good last night. :thumbsup:
                           Steve.........I'm glad that there weren't any incidents at the game, I think having them during the day helped. :thumbsup:
                           Tom...........Has your son gone on Ancestry.com, they do all the research. I did it and found people that lived close to me
                  that I was related to.  :o Maybe the neighborly thing to do is to go over and give the new neighbors some advise on how to fall a tree. :blink:
                           We ended up working till 2pm, then when I got home and did leaf clean up there wasn't  time to get out. I'm headed out this morning.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:04 AM »
  Clear and 39* to start the day off, some rain expected later today, high of 56.

Jeff…best of luck this morning, hope you get the opportunity to knock one down! Will be looking forward to your report Sir!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the updates, good news on both stories especially the football game!  :clap:  Mike and his buddy didn’t see anything during their morning stand yesterday unfortunately.
  Bud…local police may be willing to share information/confirm the answer to that question and possibly others you may have? Best wishes, hopefully that’s not the case!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope the tree job was something you were interested in…have a safe day with the saws if that’s on today’s planner!  :thumbsup: 
  Tom…very interesting about your oldest son researching the family history. Glad he was able to find the gravesite and some of the extended family.  :clap:  My youngest brother did extensive family history on our family several years ago and actually had books printed up for each of us in the immediate family that will be passed down.  Glad your wife is feeling some relief, best wishes continued for her!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the picture, no shortage of Thanksgiving turkey if the stores are out of stock this season!  ;D
Hope the leaf cleanup went well…is the bakery going to be open today?  :whistle:

Had a nice dinner get together with most of the family again yesterday…we did a make your own taco and quesadilla buffet with all the fixings, worked out well.  :thumbsup:  Never did have time for a fire being a school and work night, but there were plenty of treats to substitute for the S’mores.
  Not much on the planner yet but it’s early….Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:26 AM »
38* and clear.

Eddie, seems like everyone has hunted in Benson at some time or another. All my deer but one, has been shot in Benson.

I was very "consistent" on the lanes last night, BAD (117,112 and 98) I guess not wearing glasses makes a difference. If that is the case I will be missing any deer I see to the "left". We lost all 4 points.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #75 on: Oct 17, 2022, 06:08 AM »

32 degrees with a stiff N wind giving us a slight WC this morning, the trees will be bouncing today with the 30mph wind.

IW...Best of luck this morning, hope you get a crack at one :thumbsup:

Eddie...Sounds like an excellent time at the taco feed :thumbsup:

WW...Hope your day goes well no matter what's on your agenda :thumbsup:

h2l...Better luck next week :thumbsup:

I am gathering up a few things and heading to take off the one extra limb for the lady from a couple weeks ago. I did check the job yesterday and found it to be what they told me. The only caveat is I need to work around a mound system and a couple power boxes but will start on that job tomorrow and hopefully knock it off by Wednesday morning after some blood work.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Oct 17, 2022, 06:18 AM »
Morning all, 35° and breezy here, only supposed to top out in the low 40s today.

So dang windy all weekend I pretty much just stayed inside and loaded a whole bunch of 303 Savage and 300 Savage test rounds to play with. Picked up a bunch of N130 powder on sale a while back, so I've been working on tuning some loads with that.

I also picked up another plaything, since straight walls have been legalized for deer. Got myself a near pristine 94 Winchester XTR from the mid 80s chambered in 375 Winchester. I'd wanted one for years, actually got dies and brass for one 15-ish years back, but the deal on the rifle back then fell through. This just gave me a good excuse to find another one. It arrived Saturday, so I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow, and shooting it if the weather's fit. I have a Skinner peep coming for it, but I don't think I can wait that long to sling lead with it  :roflmao: Loaded up a bunch of test groups last week to try through it.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Oct 17, 2022, 06:52 AM »
Morning all,

IW......good luck in the woods today  ;)

WS.....hope your blood work gets an A+  ;D  easy does it with the tree work  :flex:

Eddie.....tacos are on the menu here tonight  :thumbsup:  not sure of the bakery hours just yet  :unsure:

H2L....ouch, sorry you had a tough night  :pinch:  sure you'll rebound next week  ;)2

TT......glad to hear MrsTT is doing better  :clap:  great story of the relatives found, past and present  :thumbsup:

MrC.....good to hear the game was played with no violence  :thumbsup:  sad that so many precautions are even necessary  :(

IFF....fingers crossed you can quietly find out where the shooting was coming from and avoid that area  :blink:

Round 2 is in the books, the leaves were stacked pretty thick after all the wind and were still quite wet underneath  ::)  still lots of leaves on the trees   to drop  :wacko:

A few errands to take care of today.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Oct 17, 2022, 07:31 AM »
Forgot to mention I found this confused crocus yesterday while doing leaves  :cookoo:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:04 PM »
Man what a day, Kitty bolted out the door, and have not seen it since this morning.  Then about an hour ago got a call from not one but too, fishing friends that a long time fishing buddy Daris McKinnon had passed away.  What a shock, age 56, as he had moved from Colorado to Texhoma, OK.  And earlier this year we had talked of he and another friend,  coming here to fish Cats in Lake Chickamauga.  Cat fishing was a priority for him, and even held the state of Colorado channel Cat record.  He will be truly missed.

RIP dear Friend.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #80 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:11 PM »
Sorry for your loss Bud. You and Daris's family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:45 PM »
IFF......so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend  :'(  hope you get a chance to put a catfish in your boat in his memory  :angel  fingers crossed Kitty comes home soon  :unsure:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Oct 17, 2022, 05:50 PM »
IFF - hope your cat comes back.  :unsure:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Oct 17, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Marv On the weather tonite it looks a little chilly out your way. 13 degrees sounds a little chilly to be working on that tree. It will be colder tomorrow morning.

Eddie I do not know how my son searched to find the distant relatives. He did find the brother of a gal I was trying to find so I could send her some pictures I have of her late father. Then I lost his address. I also have a picture of her dad, uncle, and grandfather with a bike. I also have a picture of her grandfather and my two boys with the same bike I want to share.

IW I used to buy truckloads of firewood for a house I used to live in. I never have bought a splitter as I would cut the logs to length and stacked. I could get it all split in one days rental. Let someone else buy and maintain the splitter for what little the rental costs.

I have no interest in dealing personally with future neighbors. They do not listen anyway. They have been rude to their future neighbor. I just hope they do not drop a tree on my dog's fence.

ww The wife's pain has come back pretty bad. Her doctor moved the appointment from the 24th to the 18th, tomorrow. We will see how that goes. The quick trip to the office was a waste of time.

They were guessing 12 footers on the big lake tonite. Snow in the southern part of the lower tonight. They had 4 inches in the western UP this morning. You can not see any grass in the dog yard for all of the sasafrass leaves on the ground AGAIN!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #84 on: Oct 17, 2022, 09:25 PM »
Good evening, light rain falling temperature in low fifties after reaching a high in the lower sixties.
Ice wanderer i agree holding the football game during daylight hours probably help with security. I also think the two person's of interest will avoid the high school area and if those injured in the Sept. 30TH shootings were not intended targets will look for a chance to get their intended target at another location. The event could also have been a random incident.may you have seen some deer today and had a shot at nice buck. Thank you for providing the firewood info. for IFF I was curious as to what you paid for a load of logs.
Eddie hopefully the bear has food another food source and will avoid people. May your son Mike and his hunting partner have a better trip next time out in the woods. Nice gift from your youngest brother to the rest of family.
Hunts2long a litle target practice with the muzzle loader might be a good idea to see where your shots are hitting a target before heading out hunting. May the safety glasses help your vision until you get your reading glasses. hopefully next week your vision will be better and you bowl your average or better.
Whopper Stopper may you have gotten the limb down with out any problem today. Looking at my weather report i saw your area  is going to see some colder weather so dress properly for tomorrow's tree work.
Zcm-82 may the test and other reloads perform as expected for you. May the new rifle arrive on time and in good condition  may the winds end so you can run a few test rounds through the rifle.
wallyworld I'm guessing all the leaves insulated the crocus plant and made it think it was Spring and time to bloom.
IFF my condolences to Mr. McKinnon's family ,friends and you on David's passing . I hope you kitty has returned or you find her/him in the barn .
Tomturkey sorry to hear the future neighbors are not the most polite people. may the doctor be able to help your wife with her pain tomorrow.

Have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting this week.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #85 on: Oct 18, 2022, 04:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 43* and foggy this morning. ::)
                             Bud.........My condolences on your friends passing, way to young. :(
                             Wally.......Even though it's a beautiful flower, growing where it's not supposed to be.....It's a weed. :o I could do leaf clean up everyday. :cookoo:
                             H2l.........Sorry to read that your team didn't take any points. :blink: Give your eyes time to adjust. :whistle:
                             Eddie......Hopefully Mike will have better luck this coming weekend with the regular season opener.  :flex:
                             Marv.......Good luck with the tree dropping today and tomorrow. :thumbsup: :flex:
                             Steve......I got out yesterday morning till it started to rain about 11am. I did see a small Doe but it wasn't worth taking. Maybe today will
                   be a better hunt. :unsure:
                             Zcm........Good luck with the new rifle. :thumbsup:
                             Tom........It's to bad the the new neighbors are like they are, maybe you should take pictures along the property line now, so if the destroy
                   any of the fence you have record of what it looked liked. And make them repair it. ::) I'm sorry to read that your wife is in a lot of pain. She should
                   ask for a different pain med. :whistle:
                             I'm going to head out it a little while to see if I can find a bigger deer.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #86 on: Oct 18, 2022, 05:01 AM »
  Cloudy and 43*, rain has moved on, high of 53 today.

Bud…My Sincere Condolences to you and all the family and friends of Daris, may he be resting in peace now. 🙏
Hope to read good news on your cat returning home.
  Steve…thank you, will pass on the good luck wishes to Mike… :thumbsup: 
  Tom..sending best wishes to your wife with today’s appointment, glad to read the Dr. could see her today.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…my yard looks as if it never was cleared of the leaves again, lol. Will be an ongoing battle for awhile yet. What a surprise finding the crocus hiding, ,thanks for sharing!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Z…good luck with sighting in that new Winchester!  :thumbsup:  What was the reason behind straight wall loads being illegal to deer hunt with?
  Marv…good luck with the tree job, dress warm for it if the the weather I saw out your way was correct!  :thumbsup:
  H2…one of those nights on the lanes!  :woot: Better luck this Sunday adapting to the release point!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..glad you saw one right off the bat even if it didn’t measure up.  :clap:  Hope the good karma pays off today, best of luck crossing paths with a nice buck or shooter doe this morning  :thumbsup:

Rain arrived pretty early here yesterday and stuck around with off and on showers mostly all morning into early afternoon. No complaints after seeing what was happening in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, yikes!
  A few errands to run this morning and to see how much our economy is booming according to Brandon…not sure what world he is living in but it certainly isn’t in these parts, lol.  :cookoo:
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Oct 18, 2022, 05:02 AM »
41*.

IFF, sorry for your loss.

Will check back in later, going to go see what the woods look like.

Be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Oct 18, 2022, 05:02 AM »
Morning all,

TT......fingers crossed the doc can give MrsTT something to help ease her pain   :-\

IW/H2L......good luck in the woods  ;)

WS.....hope all goes well with the job today  :flex:

IFF.....hope Kitty's snuggled up inside  ;)

Heading out to the lake again in a few  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #89 on: Oct 18, 2022, 05:21 AM »

Starting the day off at 23 degrees with wind chills in the single digits to low teens around the state. I should have bought the saw with the heated handle Lol

TT...Sorry to read your wife is in that much pain. I hope they can find the problem.

IW/h2l...Best of luck hitting the brush today :thumbsup:

Eddie...Best of luck to Mike on his next hunt :thumbsup: The actual temp is 24 so it's not that bad other than the dang wind. Best of luck battling the leaves I won round two yesterday.

WW...Best of luck filling the bucket today :thumbsup:

Yesterdays limb went well. The lady that I was working for was pretty funny. She is 81 and a little on the thick side. I needed to pull the limb a couple of feet to clear a bush that was directly beneath it. It was a fairly long limb so with a rope on the end there was good leverage. I asked her if she thought she could pull it the needed distance if I put in a small notch and side cut on it. She said " I am a little over 200 pounds and just had a big bowl of oatmeal, I can pull it just fine" :roflmao: She was right, and did a fine job. She also added in a small apple tree to remove and in the end said she was 100% happy and threw in a tip because I came back.

Today's job I have an 87 year old helper. He said he is much stronger than he looks so I think things will go fine. I am expecting I will have to finish tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.