New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Rod box missing  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rod box missing
« on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:18 AM »
So last night I was helping someone who had broken down on the ice, my buddy had taken my stuff to my truck and set my rod box next to my shanty while I was dragging there snow dog off mysteriously it’s now gone thought I could have forgotten it there drove the hr back up there not there. Then drove to Chapman and looked thinking that when I took them to get there pick up and trailer I dropped it not the there if anyone did happen to find it I would love it back thanks for any info I was parked at Lewis in the little side lot next to the main lot

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Rod box missing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:35 AM »
the sucks  buddy do you have rods to finish the season?

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:38 AM »
No sir

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2021, 10:21 AM »
message  sent   we  gt to have you fishing :)

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2021, 11:22 AM »
message  sent   we  gt to have you fishing :)
👍

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Sorry to hear, hope it turns up for you

Offline franky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2021, 06:18 PM »
My equipment is like my wallet i never lose them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2021, 04:05 AM »
Very sorry crappie,  this happening to a guy just helping someone else makes it suck even more.  This happens all too often, we see it on here all the time.  I started putting my name and number on every thing of value that I own.  My wife giggled the other day while washing the dishes that I have my thermos labeled.  Hey, Ya never know right ?   Just a thought    if we all started doing that it might make things a little easier to return stuff, not to mention getting your stuff back.   Good luck crap, I hope you see your rods again.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2021, 05:26 AM »
My equipment is like my wallet i never lose them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the point was...this wasn't lost it was stolen

crappie glad your back chasing fish.....the guy that stole your rods  ....hope ya get frost bite in your groin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2021, 06:02 AM »
the point was...this wasn't lost it was stolen

crappie glad your back chasing fish.....the guy that stole your rods  ....hope ya get frost bite in your groin

Stolen from him as he helped out someone that broke down...

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Stolen from him as he helped out someone that broke down...

Thats what really sucks.

Really hope he gets his rods back
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2021, 12:46 PM »
  Guess I didn't get that when I first read   I thought they were mislaid somewhere      Now this REALLY sucks  Hope that guy falls on one and pokes his eye out

Offline GitRDone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Sounds like it was lost to me. Buddy puts it one place and after driving away go back to look and not there. Could almost be anywhere along that route. Could have fallen off been left behind almost anything. Someone could have come across it and picked it up. Does not mean they stole it. I hope your name, address, phone number was in there some place so it could be returned. Lets not just jump to a fellow ice fishing person stealing something when we really don't know what happened. I hope you get your rod locker back. Lets not make an unfortunate situation into a bash of fellow ice fishing people. What would you do if you came across a rod locker? Me personally, I would pick it up and post that i found something on the forum and hope to make sure they get it back. That's not stealing, that is being a responsible outdoors person. I guess it is an easy decision if your an honest person. Stay positive and hopefully you get your gear back.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:14 PM »
git  you don't  understand  crappie  towed the  snow dog   back  to the guys   truck   his  buddy  took his  stuff to crappies truck  when  crappie  got back it was  gone crappie   looked  where is  buddy   towed his  stuff just incase   but it came  missing   at his  truck in the parking lot

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2021, 10:51 PM »
Not once did I say it was stolen I said mysteriously missing after my buddy set it by my shanty next to my truck that was the on the end put on the side of the truck with no vehicles on the other side it. Only a little walk way that some people had used to get from parking lot to parking lot and my rod box rode in the sled between his feet as he drove the stuff to our vehicles so no it didn’t fall off anything but my radar

Offline daytondedrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Someone reported finding a rod case on a different thread in Sodus.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2021, 12:39 PM »
Heck, may not have even been an ice fisherman. An easy swipe, light weight and worth a few $$$$

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:24 PM »
I agree with Frogger, trust no one , All my boxes on my truck are locked and I leave nothing on the area wher I put in. Sad but who wants their crap to disappear ! It's not great , but it's what I have!

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:29 PM »
A post of something found on north shore on the diehards page never mentioned what it was. I’m not missing anything. Nor have I been off north shore in like 15 yrs. so I never messaged, it’s a long shot but maybe it found it’s way there unless you already messaged the member.

Hope it makes its way back.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.