Author Topic: Air boat guide recommendation  (Read 1563 times)

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
Air boat guide recommendation
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:11 PM »
Never been on erie hard water. Who should I call to get out to fish the walleye and perch? I can bring my own gear if needed.

Offline bassackwards

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Air boat guide recommendation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Never been on erie hard water. Who should I call to get out to fish the walleye and perch? I can bring my own gear if needed.

I can say with 100% certainty - Stay away from Sea-Breeze Charters. The guys are great, the owner is an idiot. Has no concern over your safety.....and has absolutely ZERO back-up plan when the boat beaks down 5 miles out. Trust me. His Hail-Mary last resort plan is to call a guy, who had drank Moonshine all day, to help rescue us off the ice. We stood there for over 4 hours while the "owner" tried to come up with a plan. And yes, this just happened recently (yeah, like Saturday).

Again, great guides, piss poor owner. When we got back to the shore well after dark, about 9:30pm, There was worthless Bob standing on the beach.......only worried about getting "payment squared away". Payment ? Payment Bob ? You stuck us on Lake Erie, 4.5 miles out, with no back-up plan to get us out of there....called "moonshine Dougie" to get myself and family back to shore safely......made me have to get a hotel for the night.....and waste over 4 hours of my own time......and you want to talk about squaring up ?

My money went to get a drunk ice boat driver, who had a hard time standing up, and cussed at us the entire time. Great plan Bob. Great plan.

Sorry for Venting. May I suggest another guide ??  I would trust "Moonshine Dougie" before I ever trusted the owner of Sea-Breeze. At least Drunk Dougie had a plan.
It's not about the fish.................. .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.