Author Topic: here we go  (Read 1154 times)

Offline lostman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice, cold, water you say? sounds miserable... not!
here we go
« on: Dec 06, 2012, 10:40 PM »
heading out to a small trout lake up in the canadian shield, it has browns, brookies, rainbows along with the odd char or splake, most sound to be about 16" and up
most parts of the lake drop of pretty fast and has a rocky/sandy bottom
one side of the lake is basically a cliff dropping down to 30'
there are 2 bays that slowly get deeper till they are back into the main body, they have some fallen trees and lots of vegetation
there is also a feeder creek similar to the bays but much shallower and very narrow that goes about 100 yards off the lake before its unfishable,
lastly there is a point between one of the bays and the creek that goes out a fair way then drops of sharply, it has some vegetation and fallen trees on it as well

just from the description if i where to target one spot which sounds to be the best? i know the browns prefer it deeper along with the bigger splake and the others prefer shallower water

we are also only allowed 2 lines and have to be within 50 yards of them so we basically have to choose one spot to start our day in for the morning bite
i was thinking to cover the point but i also dont trout fish often

lastly any recommendations for lures or presentations?
thank you for any replies i will post some pictures of results along with another big thank you to those who reply!  :tipup: :)
hello my name is lostman and im an ice fishing addict, and always will be

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.