The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bozeman area  (Read 819 times)

Offline Shoerbla67

• IceShanty Rookie
Bozeman area
« on: Dec 08, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Hi all
New to the Bozeman area any info on where to go would sure be appreciated. Not looking for your secret spots just a point in the right direction.

Mizayikaa

Re: Bozeman area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2019, 10:48 PM »
Texas! Just playing around. Welcome to the Shanty. A little info on what species you would like to catch might help people point you in the right direction.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Reports page also has tons of info for your 'hood.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Hyalite has great trout fishing, The Bozeman area ponds offer an assortment of fish besides trout, the Three forks ponds have lots of perch and bass that are small. Toston Dam has trout and pike.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline Shoerbla67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:08 PM »
Thanks guys mostly just posted to meet the requirement to be able to access the fishing reports. I don’t really care if I’m catching trout perch or walleyes as long as I’m fishing for something. Looks like a great site. Glad to be able to be on it!

Offline 429421Cowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:24 PM »
Welcome to the area. When I moved here I didn't know where to start either and just started digging around. The ponds in town are a great cheap trick, a bucket, couple rods and a spud to open up old holes was all I used to have here when I didn't have room to store my shack and stuff starting out in a 300 sq/ft Bozeman mansion. Perch and trout in Glen lake (Bozeman Beach, the one by Map Brewing) was where I went when I didn't know anywhere else to go. The one behind the mall and lakes over off Davis have panfish in them. Hyalite is a good time for trout, just make sure you have your poop in a group going up there if the roads are slick. Traffic is bad on weekends and as soon as one car goes in the ditch coming out by Langhor it turns into a parking lot. I like to have chains in my pickup. The good part is there is always enough people going in and out up there you won't have to worry too much about being stranded. Be smart at the inlet (south) end of the lake, the ice can be crummy up there. Same with where the creek (Blackmore, I think?) comes in by the boat ramp. Cutthroat are deeper, brookies are up high. Look around Whitehall as well, but you need to have a capable vehicle. Canyon Ferry isn't a bad haul either but the fishing is hit or miss in my opinion and it can/will be a windy sucker.
We're the guys in a black Frabill suitcase shelter with the loud old Earthquake gas auger and are pretty friendly guys if you stop by and say hi.
East of the Rockies and west of the rest, I do my best to do my dangedest and that's about all I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.