The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Down the hole!  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Down the hole!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Never lose another pair of glasses down the hole.

Got Croakies ?    It's worth a look.     ;)2

http://store.croakies.com/croakies.aspx

Offline MT JigMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:52 PM »
I haven't lost anything yet but my brothers lost a two way radio down the hole and 20 minutes later a leather man went to see where it went!  They don't give me as much crap about my 8" hole!

Offline Sixpole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Maybe guys should tie tennis balls to their cell phones

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2014, 11:27 PM »
The only thing that I have lost down the hole is....get this...a fish!  SPLASH, out of the water.  FLOP, off the hook.  SLASH, back in the hole.  That fast!  Looks like I will invent a cell phone case strap like a WII controller.  I'd make millions on you guys! LOL
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline MTTravis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:03 AM »
dropped my phone down the hole at tiber last weekend and somehow I managed to grab it just as it got to the bottom of the ice and it still works fine.  :)

Offline ifish4pike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Buddy lost his pole to a fish and few minutes later I got a hit in hole about 20 feet away. Pulled up his pole than the fish which was still on the line. I caught the only fish that day.

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Ok... me and my boy went out fishing yesterday and began setting up are gear.  While setting up one of my dead sticks the bobber stop got stuck and then broke the line.  I wanted to hurry and set the remainder of the poles so I tied the line back together and planed to fix it latter.  After setting the other poles we looked back and sure enough that pole I that I tied the line together was gone.  A few minutes latter the pole next to the one that disappeared had a bobber down.  I set the hook and reeled up the missing pole and then reeled up a nice rainbow on the missing pole.   Come to find out I forgot to flip open the bail. 

About an hour goes by and my boy was making the rounds and notices his pole is missing.  Slightly upset I walked over to pat him on the back and tell him its ok when I noticed another bobber down (Now this pole was about five poles away).  I set the hook.   I reeled up some fishing line and with his help we pulled up his pole with a fish still on the other end.  Immediately we noticed  the fish spooled his pole and that's why she went down the hole.  He landed another nice Trout.  We hooted and cheered thankful to get his pole back and to catch a nice fish.

Fishing was very slow later in the afternoon and my boy was taking a nap and I decided to drill a few more holes in search of fish.  My boy woke up and headed over when he seen a pole jump off the holder and down a hole.  "No way... not again, we are never going to see this one" I said.  I didn't have any other poles in the area of the missing pole so I grab a few and set them in adjacent holes.  When I got back with the second pole the one that I just set had bobber down.  I set the hook and would you believe it I had the line of the pole.  We managed to get the pole out of the hole and then reeled up a nice brown trout that we released.  Come to find out the string snagged up on the reel. Wow What a luck day!

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline onpoint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:45 PM »
I hope you bought a lottery ticket on the way home! It's great to see the smile on your kids face with those trout.

Offline IceemPATS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:45 PM »
Nice Fish!

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Maybe ice fishermen need to start coating their cell phones with non-skid or something.

Offline hi_tail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2014, 05:53 PM »

How many people have played 'that fish' perfectly, managed to land it, then have it plop back in the hole!
I believe it goes something like this, "YES, BAM!"  ...  "NOOOOO!  COME BACK!!!!"     :'(
Just curious, because that has never happened to me, I swear...  :whistle:
Sometimes a $10 pair of sunglasses would be easier to lose down the hole, ya know-

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Thats when you yell "BEAR CLAW" and jump down the hole to squeeze hold of the escaping fish before it can find its way outside its icy prison. Gear gets knocked over and people get wet.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:04 PM »
great story and love the pics of your boy and the trout! Nice job on the brown!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Ok... me and my boy went out fishing yesterday and began setting up are gear.  While setting up one of my dead sticks the bobber stop got stuck and then broke the line.  I wanted to hurry and set the remainder of the poles so I tied the line back together and planed to fix it latter.  After setting the other poles we looked back and sure enough that pole I that I tied the line together was gone.  A few minutes latter the pole next to the one that disappeared had a bobber down.  I set the hook and reeled up the missing pole and then reeled up a nice rainbow on the missing pole.   Come to find out I forgot to flip open the bail. 

About an hour goes by and my boy was making the rounds and notices his pole is missing.  Slightly upset I walked over to pat him on the back and tell him its ok when I noticed another bobber down (Now this pole was about five poles away).  I set the hook.   I reeled up some fishing line and with his help we pulled up his pole with a fish still on the other end.  Immediately we noticed  the fish spooled his pole and that's why she went down the hole.  He landed another nice Trout.  We hooted and cheered thankful to get his pole back and to catch a nice fish.

Fishing was very slow later in the afternoon and my boy was taking a nap and I decided to drill a few more holes in search of fish.  My boy woke up and headed over when he seen a pole jump off the holder and down a hole.  "No way... not again, we are never going to see this one" I said.  I didn't have any other poles in the area of the missing pole so I grab a few and set them in adjacent holes.  When I got back with the second pole the one that I just set had bobber down.  I set the hook and would you believe it I had the line of the pole.  We managed to get the pole out of the hole and then reeled up a nice brown trout that we released.  Come to find out the string snagged up on the reel. Wow What a luck day!

Great tale of the day Bowhtr.    :thumbsup:     Congrats for raising him right.    Nice photos too.    ;)2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.