The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Why are you here?  (Read 957 times)

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
Why are you here?
« on: Jan 31, 2024, 12:08 PM »
 This is an ICE FISHING site. Ice availability in PA the past two seasons has sucked.  Idk why some seem to take pleasure in that....on an ICE FISHING page. There seems to be a few folks that post only negative comments, complain and get into pissing matches with others. So I ask, why are you here. These same folks dont add reports, conditions or positive advice. I admit I no longer post conditions or catching reports but thats due to the 2021 debacle.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Why are you here?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2024, 12:18 PM »
I’m with you bud!! I was only able to sneak out once when we , NY, had mediocre ice. I’m a diehard ice angler and won’t post negativity or pleasure towards not having good ice. I post observations only…. The rest can make their own assumptions. We can only hope that the ol man ice making machine will show up in full force, in the near future, like he once had a few years back!!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2024, 12:27 PM »
I’m with you bud!! I was only able to sneak out once when we , NY, had mediocre ice. I’m a diehard ice angler and won’t post negativity or pleasure towards not having good ice. I post observations only…. The rest can make their own assumptions. We can only hope that the ol man ice making machine will show up in full force, in the near future, like he once had a few years back!!!😎

I hear that... last couple seasons have been really short around here too.

It is what it is. I fish as much as I can with the ice we do get, and hope the next year is better once it's over.  :icefish:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2024, 01:16 PM »
I hear that... last couple seasons have been really short around here too.

It is what it is. I fish as much as I can with the ice we do get, and hope the next year is better once it's over.  :icefish:

Same here! I just ignore all the “Deddie Downers! ”  ;)

3D%3D[/youtube]
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2024, 01:40 PM »
I just drive 690 miles until i get to good ice  ;D

Offline wiggly812

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2024, 02:09 PM »
Pabassman.  2021 debacle?  Curious.
If you ain't havin fun, you ain't doing it right.

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2024, 02:27 PM »
Yeah agree completely.  This crapola weather and ice conditions the last couple years really brought out the trolls big time. 

It’s always nonsense and I often wonder how miserable of a person you must be to passive aggressively post negatively to try to get a reaction.

This is a great site but the stooges around here make it a tough go sometimes. 
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2024, 02:46 PM »
Pabassman.  2021 debacle?  Curious.

If you know, you know.

Offline BIGDEERHUNTER63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2024, 03:02 PM »
What a soap opera , reminds me of a song by Meat Loaf -All Revved Up with No Place to Go .

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2024, 03:35 PM »
What a soap opera , reminds me of a song by Meat Loaf -All Revved Up with No Place to Go .

I never heard of that one from Meatloaf.

It sounds like he was sexually frustrated. 

"That can be as bad or even worse that no ice, but it really depends on the eye or hand of the beholder"

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2024, 03:40 PM »
Yeah agree completely.  This crapola weather and ice conditions the last couple years really brought out the trolls big time. 

It’s always nonsense and I often wonder how miserable of a person you must be to passive aggressively post negatively to try to get a reaction.

This is a great site but the stooges around here make it a tough go sometimes.

Still way easier to deal with than fakebook or insta

Offline HooknSinker24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2024, 09:30 PM »
On my way to Planet Melmac. Heard there's great ice fishing here.  ;D

Offline gallitzinice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2024, 11:05 AM »
Folks are here involved in negative threads because they can't get out on the ice.  Too much time on too many people's hands always leads to trouble.  That's not an excuse for anything, but just how it is.  If a thread or individual comment seems worthless, negative, argumentative the best way to kill it is to ignore it, anything else just feeds it.  I tell myself all the time to stay out of it and listen to that advice 90% of the time.  The other times when I let myself get sucked in the results are always the same, just like spitting into the wind.

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2024, 11:23 AM »
Simple well put.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2024, 11:35 AM »
Some people are just unhappy, and seek to bring others down to their level, i see it every day with some of my employees.... Just the nature of some people..... Makes you wonder whats happened to them in life that makes them so bitter, i feel bad for someone like that with such a great deal of unhappiness in their heart.....
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2024, 12:41 PM »
Ehh not really so much unhappy as much as I'd like mother nature to make up her mind. If it wasn't meant to be this year, it wasn't meant to be.

But we all know what is going to happen. The rest of February and March are going to be too warm to make ice, and it is going to be freezing and snowing in April and May.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2024, 12:54 PM »
Ehh not really so much unhappy as much as I'd like mother nature to make up her mind. If it wasn't meant to be this year, it wasn't meant to be.

But we all know what is going to happen. The rest of February and March are going to be too warm to make ice, and it is going to be freezing and snowing in April and May.

;D This is so true.  At this point, I'd be happy if it got cold enough to freeze the mud that is my back yard and delay the start of "muddy dog season" lol

Offline OUgot12

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love to walk on water
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2024, 01:57 PM »
I'm  absolutely frustrated that we we can't get out on anything local to fish. Now with 2 years in a row of lousy ice conditions. I have a grandson that is itching to go and there isn't any ice safe enough for me to take him out on. Hey Pabassman were you on the Pafisherman seems like I recognize your profile name.

Offline onlyhrdwtr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2024, 04:16 PM »
OK, I agree, When I started the post "looking for ice", last year,  I was a new to the site. That was I was looking for, the best ice conditions. I'm only able to make it back home on certain days or weeks. So when I'm in, I try to let everyone on how the ice is and the catch. Not trying to hide any hot spots, we are a special breed and we need to enjoy the time on the ice, even if its short. I just want to say "When you make it on the ice its is a great day, and it only gets better after that".

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2024, 02:18 PM »
I'm  absolutely frustrated that we we can't get out on anything local to fish. Now with 2 years in a row of lousy ice conditions. I have a grandson that is itching to go and there isn't any ice safe enough for me to take him out on. Hey Pabassman were you on the Pafisherman seems like I recognize your profile name.

Yes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.