The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: North easter Pennsylvania  (Read 416 times)

Offline Cbeitz77

• IceShanty Rookie
North easter Pennsylvania
« on: Jan 22, 2024, 03:48 PM »
Good afternoon. Haven’t posted here before. So I thought I would try to help some people out with some information about conditions in the pocono region. I headed to Greeley lake this morning first time this year early. Disappointed again… the camp lowered the lake again for the fourth year now. Plus they have at least 9 aerators to keep us ice fisherman off. Great lake if you can fish it for pan fish. So I headed for Shohola marsh, usually a good place. Well not today, ice was 3-5”, not the best ice but fishable. Couple places were sketchy under snow drifts. Lots of moving and cracking while walking. Needless to say treaded carefully. Caught one pickeral about 15”. Not another bite for 6 hours. Couldn’t find any grass, drilled about 50 holes. Still great to be out. Especially since this rain comes will probably put a hurting on it. Better luck next time. Would love to find some new places. Keep on drilling!!!!

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North easter Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 04:26 PM »
Good afternoon. Haven’t posted here before. So I thought I would try to help some people out with some information about conditions in the pocono region. I headed to Greeley lake this morning first time this year early. Disappointed again… the camp lowered the lake again for the fourth year now. Plus they have at least 9 aerators to keep us ice fisherman off. Great lake if you can fish it for pan fish. So I headed for Shohola marsh, usually a good place. Well not today, ice was 3-5”, not the best ice but fishable. Couple places were sketchy under snow drifts. Lots of moving and cracking while walking. Needless to say treaded carefully. Caught one pickeral about 15”. Not another bite for 6 hours. Couldn’t find any grass, drilled about 50 holes. Still great to be out. Especially since this rain comes will probably put a hurting on it. Better luck next time. Would love to find some new places. Keep on drilling!!!!
Welcome to the site.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  I fished Tobyhanna Lake this morning, you can read my post in that Lake thread.  Good luck on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.