IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Guide spacing for BK super noodle

(1/3) > >>

bigfoot86:
Bought a bass khang 48” super noodle to build on with a 6” straight grip.  Thought about taking a few inches off the the back end and possibly an inch or two off the front end.  Has anyone built on this particular blank before?  Was wondering what I should do for guide spacing.  Bass khang does have a specs page showing suggested guide spacing for all their blanks except this one.  I did email them and they suggested using the finesse noodle guide spacing chart and maybe just adding another eye but I’m not sure.

meandcuznalfy:
The spacing for the finesse noodle is good, I built one of those a few years back, only a 36" though, so might need one extra guide for a rod that long.

Old Goat:

--- Quote from: bigfoot86 on Dec 06, 2022, 08:19 AM ---Bought a bass khang 48” super noodle to build on with a 6” straight grip.  Thought about taking a few inches off the the back end and possibly an inch or two off the front end.  Has anyone built on this particular blank before?  Was wondering what I should do for guide spacing.  Bass khang does have a specs page showing suggested guide spacing for all their blanks except this one.  I did email them and they suggested using the finesse noodle guide spacing chart and maybe just adding another eye but I’m not sure.

--- End quote ---

I took some measurements off my 48 in Currents Noodle Rod  First tip 2nd 5.5 in. 3rd 11.5 4th 18.5  from handle going away from reel is 8 in handle then 2 in (not used ) the 12 in.

Old Goat:

--- Quote from: bigfoot86 on Dec 06, 2022, 08:19 AM ---Bought a bass khang 48” super noodle to build on with a 6” straight grip.  Thought about taking a few inches off the the back end and possibly an inch or two off the front end.  Has anyone built on this particular blank before?  Was wondering what I should do for guide spacing.  Bass khang does have a specs page showing suggested guide spacing for all their blanks except this one.  I did email them and they suggested using the finesse noodle guide spacing chart and maybe just adding another eye but I’m not sure.

--- End quote ---

I took some measurements off my 48 in Currents Noodle Rod  First tip 2nd 5.5 in. 3rd 11.5 4th 18.5  from handle going away from reel is 8 in handle then 2 in (not used ) the 12 in.

bigfoot86:

--- Quote from: Old Goat on Dec 06, 2022, 12:21 PM ---     I took some measurements off my 48 in Currents Noodle Rod  First tip 2nd 5.5 in. 3rd 11.5 4th 18.5  from handle going away from reel is 8 in handle then 2 in (not used ) the 12 in.

--- End quote ---
Thanks old goat.  Gives me a good idea at least.  And are the measurements from where the loop is in the guide (the part where the line goes through)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version