Author Topic: getting ready whats up folks  (Read 3854 times)

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
getting ready whats up folks
« on: Dec 02, 2022, 12:21 PM »
now that i have 3 deer in the freezer ,time to get the ice gear ready ,got the wheeler going ,also i have a free eskimo gas auger with 2 to attachments 10 and 8 ,carb needs replacing or rebuild ,

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: getting ready whats up folks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2022, 12:50 PM »
It's that time of the year...  Pretty much ready to go here when the ice shows up. Spent Thanksgiving weekend up in Pittsburg, the cold and snow definitely got me into ice mode...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:08 PM »
It's that time of the year...  Pretty much ready to go here when the ice shows up. Spent Thanksgiving weekend up in Pittsburg, the cold and snow definitely got me into ice mode...

Nice! Where’d you stay? Do any activities?
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:26 PM »
Nice! Where’d you stay? Do any activities?

One of the original 1930s Lopstick cabins overlooking 1st Connecticut. Just hung around town, did some hiking, and hit the usual spots although the Buck Rub and Grampy's were both closed for the holiday. A good friend of mine just moved back after 22 years in California and had never been north of the 45th... He was searching north country real estate offices while eating one of the giant cinnamon rolls from Green Acres when we got back lol.

Going back up for New Years, hoping there's enough snow to bring the sleds and do some riding.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:29 PM »

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Good deal.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:52 PM »
Very cool I need to venture up that way.
Salmonemia

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2022, 11:09 AM »
I bought some of that P Line (Who had mentioned it?) so I think I'll re-line a couple of tip ups today so I can try it. I have yet to make your messy bucktail too, 800. I'd better get on that.

Right now I'm home waiting for my new portable to show up. After I assemble it, I'll have to try it out and have a nice porter in it.  :)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2022, 11:22 AM »
now that i have 3 deer in the freezer ,time to get the ice gear ready ,got the wheeler going ,also i have a free eskimo gas auger with 2 to attachments 10 and 8 ,carb needs replacing or rebuild ,

Nice work fillin that freezer Eric

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2022, 01:47 PM »
excited for it! all geared up and ready. Plan on doing a lot more overnights in my monster lodge. Debating on setting up a wood floor (just easier to set up). Might hinge together some 4x4 sheets. Also threw together a contraption to tow my dog out behind the snowmobile  ;D we'll see how that goes!
Tight Lines!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2022, 02:09 PM »
Just got the Sitka Hudson Bibs and jacket in. Gonna be bad ass, you just can’t beat Sitka for the quality and the warmth with no bulk.

Sending the jacket back now in exchange for a Large, the XL I ordered is a tad big but Sitka usually runs small so I went up a size.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:07 PM »
Very cool I need to venture up that way.

X2 - been on the list for a few seasons now...

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:07 PM »
Just got the Sitka Hudson Bibs and jacket in. Gonna be bad ass, you just can’t beat Sitka for the quality and the warmth with no bulk.

Sending the jacket back now in exchange for a Large, the XL I ordered is a tad big but Sitka usually runs small so I went up a size.

Enjoy - ready for some Salmon Egg Slime!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:30 PM »
Enjoy - ready for some Salmon Egg Slime!

Yeah, it’s a shame what I’m going to do to them  ;D

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:43 PM »
Working towards the season, put a doe in the freezer last day of bow season  a week ago, serviced the trailer today, was going to sit in my stand this morning, but I had to process a tree that came down and took out my fence in the back yard..used  the wheeler to stand the fence back up.. oil change  and physical for the can am tomorrow
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:05 PM »
Working towards the season, put a doe in the freezer last day of bow season  a week ago, serviced the trailer today, was going to sit in my stand this morning, but I had to process a tree that came down and took out my fence in the back yard..used  the wheeler to stand the fence back up.. oil change  and physical for the can am tomorrow

Congrats Joe! I can already smell the amazing treats to come from that doe! See you soon buddy

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:16 PM »
Congrats Joe! I can already smell the amazing treats to come from that doe! See you soon buddy

Thanks, 1st time in the woods, since placing my stand, been crazy busy,this season, in a spot I've hunted most of my life, had her at the check station by 9:30
. I'd rather  be lucky than good... I don't need no stinking horns!.. there's been a button buck showing on the game camera I still have 1 more anterlless tag I can fill.. he could be the next tender vitals.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:26 PM »
Haha! Choot em’!

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:38 PM »
nice everyone ,i can see some old faces on here still im also on facebook ice fishing nh  ,ill be on new found ,massabesic ,squam lakes ,and beaver, for trout and pan fish maybe i will see a few of ya ,i have sunday monday tuesday wed off every week happy holidays guys and gals

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:57 PM »
nice everyone ,i can see some old faces on here still im also on facebook ice fishing nh  ,ill be on new found ,massabesic ,squam lakes ,and beaver, for trout and pan fish maybe i will see a few of ya ,i have sunday monday tuesday wed off every week happy holidays guys and gals

Likewise!

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2022, 02:11 PM »
I just put the bass boat up yesterday.  I'm getting all the summer power tools winterized and put away and tuning up the snowblower.
Will start on the ice fishing stuff soon.

I retired this feb, should be more active on the ice and on here now.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2022, 07:59 PM »
Rescued two senior labrador mixes today..one owner died last month and the other has dementia and is going in a home ..we had to take them and care for the pups ..one is extremely over weight from lack of exercise and probably table scraps ..probably too old for ice fishing but maybe a warm late winter day they can get out there..happy to have dogs in the home again..hard to lose 3 dogs  in two years..seemed like the right thing to do

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 04, 2022, 08:00 PM »
Nice Jason!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2022, 08:02 PM »
Nice Jason!
from the coast of maine ..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Rescued two senior labrador mixes today..one owner died last month and the other has dementia and is going in a home ..we had to take them and care for the pups ..one is extremely over weight from lack of exercise and probably table scraps ..probably too old for ice fishing but maybe a warm late winter day they can get out there..happy to have dogs in the home again..hard to lose 3 dogs  in two years..seemed like the right thing to do

Well done - seems like the right fit for all involved...

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2022, 09:05 AM »
Way to give those dogs a good home.. cant wait hopefully can meet up with a few of you guys this winter.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2022, 09:14 AM »
Good on you and your lady Jibbs... Awesome that you would take in a couple old timers to finish out their years in a warm and loving home, love hearing stuff like this.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2022, 09:38 AM »

👍❤️

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Good on you and your lady Jibbs... Awesome that you would take in a couple old timers to finish out their years in a warm and loving home, love hearing stuff like this.
thank you for the kind words ...they certainly need some major help when it comes to  being healthy girls again ..take care stealth

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2022, 10:26 AM »

Oops! Double post! Beautiful gesture taking those pups in!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.