Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

Snowdog Registration

(1/2) > >>

dubob:
Utah requires ATVs and snowmobiles to be registered with the state on an annual basis.  And of course, there are taxes & fees collected for each registration/renewal.  So far, the Snowdog type machines don't fit into a category that requires said registration.  Just out of curiosity, does Idaho require the Snowdog type machines to be registered?

aza10:
That’s a good question and I don’t believe so.  Give tackle Tom’s In cascade a call. They’ll know for sure.

idtrout:
I own a snowdog and yes a snowmobile trails permit are required in Idaho even if all you ever do is drive to the parking lot and drive onto the lake . Last year was the 1st year they required one cost is around $40 for the season, I wasn't happy about having to buy one because i don't use any snowmobile trails but it is another way to raise money.

idtrout:
I should have read your post more closely, I don't think you need a registration to get a trail permit but you will need a snowmobile trails permit to run your snowdog on the lake. Check with tackle tom's or valley bait and tackle.

dubob:

--- Quote from: aza10 on Nov 11, 2022, 07:15 PM ---That’s a good question and I don’t believe so.  Give tackle Tom’s In cascade a call. They’ll know for sure.

--- End quote ---
I just did.  He said he used to sell them and as of right now Idaho does NOT have any requirement to register or permit them.  Which is in disagreement with idtrout's post above.  So, I called Idaho Parks & Rec and they will get back to me with the official answer shortly.  Stay tuned.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version