The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tuscarora walleyes  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Smalllevel52

• IceShanty Rookie
Tuscarora walleyes
« on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:05 AM »
Been doing some research and looking on where to find walleyes in this lake. I've read they're found near the dam in the deep water. My question is if you caught em in the deep water were they on the bottom or suspend (ex. 40 fow and suspended at 33 fow)? Did you catch em on shiners?

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tuscarora walleyes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Been doing some research and looking on where to find walleyes in this lake. I've read they're found near the dam in the deep water. My question is if you caught em in the deep water were they on the bottom or suspend (ex. 40 fow and suspended at 33 fow)? Did you catch em on shiners?

You're in the exact opposite area when walleyes hang out in Tusc.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2022, 04:46 PM »
I caught 1 about 5 years ago. 2/3 the way down the lake towards the breast. On super bowl sunday. It was in 45ft came up off the bottom I presume. I was catching big crappie suspended about 10ft off the bottom. Another red mark came on my vex . Figured another big slab. But it was a 23" eye. I probably posted a pic on here. Look back thru the archives.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2022, 04:52 PM »
I know a guy who uses tip ups with shiners & has already caught them along the over flow basin. On the left side going down towards the dam also. Close to the vicinity of where I caught mine.

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2022, 04:31 AM »
We have had moderate success in under 10 ft of water near the beach area.

I've caught more walleyes in under 12 ft of water in PA than over it.

I prefer jigging rapalas over live shiners/ tip ups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.