New Jersey > Ice Fishing New Jersey

Delaware water gap becoming National Park??

(1/2) > >>

ChillyH2O:
It seems like “Delaware water Gap national recreation area”may be turning  into a “National Park.”   If this  happens it seems like the park would be closed to HUNTING!!!  Wow I can’t even imagine.  NJ isn’t some big western state with large tracts of public lands.  This would truly be a loss to us hunters and idk what they may do about motor regulations on the river…..

FM67:
Sure hope it doesn’t happen

njsquatch:
they are talking about categorizing certain areas as a "Preserve" which allow hunting and fishing but agree the hunting and fishing community needs to stay on top of this

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/2022/01/31/delaware-water-gap-national-recreation-area-national-park-nj/9257595002/

Old Spud:

--- Quote from: ChillyH2O on Feb 08, 2022, 06:20 PM ---It seems like “Delaware water Gap national recreation area”may be turning  into a “National Park.”   If this  happens it seems like the park would be closed to HUNTING!!!  Wow I can’t even imagine.  NJ isn’t some big western state with large tracts of public lands.  This would truly be a loss to us hunters and idk what they may do about motor regulations on the river…..

--- End quote ---
There are regs already in place regarding speed on the river. I foresee a bunch of new regulations being implemented in the coming years if it does turn into a park. Hunting will be curtailed in many areas with the usual excuses. We all know what happens when the government handles anything- FUBAR.....

ChillyH2O:
Categorizing as a “preserve”.  Sounds like a way of trying to get hunters to back off.  Hunting would be very limited or not at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version