Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Ice axes

(1/1)

429421Cowboy:
Does anybody here pack ice axes for rescue? Was helping a neighbor move and he gave me a pair of very nice ice axes since hes moving to Cali and wont need them anymore. Thought they might not be bad to have in the sled on a rope to slide out to somebody if they went through or use as an anchor to help pull from. Any thoughts? Waste of space and weight?

badger132:
I really can't see any advantage over picks. Picks are smaller, and you always have them. These would be to slide to someone else, and if you have a buddy not in the water, a rope is better. They are a specific tool for a specific job.

Owentstr:

--- Quote ---"I really can't see any advantage over picks. Picks are smaller, and you always have them. These would be to slide to someone else, and if you have a buddy not in the water, a rope is better. They are a specific tool for a specific job."
--- End quote ---

Thanks, man! Will keep that in mind.

slipperybob:
I've always wanted one, just for the, having one.

Spider1:
ice picks are better. They are smaller and you wear them around your neck incase you do go in. If you are in a hole and can't get out, an axe in your sled will do you no good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version