The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park  (Read 49679 times)

Offline Jason120

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park
« Reply #60 on: Dec 22, 2016, 05:36 PM »
Fished bear run today, ice was great, road going in sucked and fishing sucked, at least a for us. Not even a bite on the tip-ups. Guess we were doing something wrong lol

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:16 PM »
I fished muddy creek a few days back and didn't even get a bite. I'm lucky if I catch a fish when I'm out haha. That's why I'm planning on investing in an affordable flasher this year, hopefully that will help!
: )

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:29 PM »
Fished bear run today, ice was great, road going in sucked and fishing sucked, at least a for us. Not even a bite on the tip-ups. Guess we were doing something wrong lol
were you the 2 guys way out off the shoreline? if so i have never fished there funny its so close you need to concentrate on weed edges thats where fish are running.
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Jason120

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2016, 11:35 PM »
were you the 2 guys way out off the shoreline? if so i have never fished there funny its so close you need to concentrate on weed edges thats where fish are running.
GOD BLESS
mo
We were the two guys fishing below your big group. It didn't seem as if we were that far off the shore and we were pretty close to the weed edge. Had a couple tip ups in the weeds and the others were out near the edge. Maybe the fish just don't like to cruise through that particular spot, don't know. We've never really had much luck ice fishing at Arthur except panfish.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 23, 2016, 05:46 AM »
That's cause mo has a special bass call he uses that calls all them over to his tip ups .its gotta be :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: way to go Mofish

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 23, 2016, 08:29 AM »
That's cause mo has a special bass call he uses that calls all them over to his tip ups .its gotta be :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: way to go Mofish

GOD BLESS
moshe
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 23, 2016, 09:09 AM »
I seen that call in action it works like a charm.

Offline GreenFinnyBlinny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 23, 2016, 03:08 PM »
Good 6 inches at muddy. 20 or 30 people out there today.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 23, 2016, 04:14 PM »
Great to hear, too bad it's going up to 58 degrees Monday

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 23, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Great to hear, too bad it's going up to 58 degrees Monday
ice remained static today a solid 6 inches should hold up to the rain as it did on last saturday,more guys getting out jiggly guys starting to get crappies in numbers
fishing remained good
time will tell and will post , post CHRISTMAS ice conditions
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Kingsford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 23, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Stack'm up MO.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 24, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Why are u keeping bass?

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #72 on: Dec 24, 2016, 09:13 AM »
Why are u keeping bass?

Cause its legal and he can.!!?? Just a guess.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 24, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Why are u keeping bass?

Why are you trolling posts asking stupid questions. He keeps them cause he likes to give them an oil bath! limits 4, if you have an issue with that here is the number for the fish commission Executive Director, 717-705-7801.

Offline Jason120

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Dec 24, 2016, 11:13 AM »
Why are u keeping bass?
Cause they taste good covered in beer batter, bathed in oil and wedged between two buns with some ketchup..

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 24, 2016, 11:52 AM »
Thought it was site for chatting and asking questions charger. Thanks for the number, ill be sure to give them a call. Was just curious though, ill be sure to ask you for permission before I post something else

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 24, 2016, 12:24 PM »
They are pets ,if you look closely you will see that they are the same ones in every pic.he is taking them out for a swim.no bass were harmed in the taking of those pictures  :afro:

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 24, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Ken                                          

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 24, 2016, 01:24 PM »
Why are u keeping bass?
   cause I would rather clean 4 bass  not 50 bluegill

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:15 PM »
I love tournament bass fishing, this is sadddd. Keep the walleye, crappie, and bluegill!!!!

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:35 PM »
I love tournament bass fishing, this is sadddd. Keep the walleye, crappie, and bluegill!!!!
........so while your turnament fishing how many 20+ inchers have you ever caught?

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:39 PM »

should have asked permission. 

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Woops forgot to ask, how dare me, o well. And not many big bass this year. Ice fisherman and amish are fishing them out I guess.

Offline Blaze Cammo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 24, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Woops forgot to ask, how dare me, o well. And not many big bass this year. Ice fisherman and amish are fishing them out I guess.
........well you be happy to know I have thrown back 6 fish over 20"  and  12 fish 18" to 20"  and 16 or so less than 16"   I have brought home 16 bass.......... I am far from fishing the bass  to extintion

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 24, 2016, 03:24 PM »
Cool, guess I should try fishing more tipups for bigger fish, seems to work good for you guys

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Dec 24, 2016, 04:03 PM »
Mknott,
  Mo and the boys have been pulling out bass for many years now if they were driving them to extinction why does every year they still continue to get fish? If there weren't any bass left why do they still hold bass tourneys on Lake auther??? Bet the mortality rate on those bass caught and handled at tourneys isn't as low as you think. I'm on the other end of spectrum Id rather clean 50 Bluegills than even one bass but that's just me.

Offline Mknott

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 24, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Idk, I like fishing for bass for fun and releasing. I think its exciting. To be honest, I only eat saltwater fish on vacation, don't like the taste of most freshwater fish haha

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Dec 24, 2016, 06:16 PM »
May not drive bass to extinction, but it creates an abundance in their prey.  How's the road going back into there?  I picked up a bag of salt figured if the roads are still terrible after monalday I'd throw some down so no one's running off into a ditch.

Today was a sad day ice fishing.  Made it back from middle creek at around 2.  Grab the auger, jig pole, and a bucket.  Hit my secret spot.  Instantly started slamming gills, then crappies, and boom something big.  Got it almost to the hole it took a run and snap went my jigging rod.  The old girl served her purpose and went out the right way.  The fish ended up being a larger than average channel cat. 

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Dec 25, 2016, 05:54 AM »
Lake Arthur has been a CF lake for years. (Catch and Fry). It's obvious that it does and have a healthy bass population. When you go to Pymy what species do you target? walleye,crappie,perch. When you go to Shenango what species do you target? Crappie. When you go to P.L. Erie what fish do you target? gills ,perch,crappie. You get what I'm saying. All these lakes have a healthy bass population,but do people target bass for the table? No not really. Lake Arthur has been a big bass lake since the mid 70's. I've fished it since 72. Bass are the predominant species. All other fish are a bonus. People set tip-ups and fish for BASS. Bass are a very easy fish to catch through the ice. On the other hand Big Panfish require some finesse and more skilled type fishermen. I once ran tip-ups and did eat a few bass also back in the early days.  Would I target bass for food? no. Did I care what other do no. I fished with the best in the early years and none of us kept bass, some where ridiculous, 8-9 lb fish all release to spawn and be the future of that lake. With that being said I would hope someday they put a slot limit on the lake. Smaller fish would be better to eat and by making a slot help preserve the future. 15-18 inch would be keepers,all the Big girls would be released. Arthur is what it is,there's always going to be bass guys the numbers of bass that get taken are mind boggling, some guys have kept 20 -30 or more fish in a very short time those numbers  can add up, times the amount of fishermen through the winter,but next year there still will be more bass to catch.I've pretty much given up on trying to get people to understand and practice conservation. This has been a good start to catching bass but it will slow down if the ice remains,then cats will outnumber bass,then Strippers will be targeted in the deep. To the bass guys enjoy your fish dinners,every once in a while release a few. Lake Arthur can will provide many fish for many years if we take a little responsibility and use your head once in a while. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Dec 25, 2016, 07:13 AM »
And too all a good Bite
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.