Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Please wear the right gear please read for your safety

<< < (5/6) > >>

GCD:

--- Quote from: Raptortrapper on Dec 08, 2016, 01:00 PM ---  Also, if you don't know how to get out of the water when you fall through the ice, get on youtube and watch how to do it.  It isn't hard, and it's a great skill to have.

--- End quote ---

... and there's no substitute for wearing floatation. Wear it and live!

straightShot:
I like the Stabilicer Maxx for my boots.  I did have to get Velcro extensions to be able to get around my Lacrosse Alphaburly size 12s.  I also have to readjust them occasionally when I walk since with the extensions, they don't seem to stay in place as they should, and they slouch off to the side.  Others I go fishing with have the medium Stabilicer Maxx for their boots as they have smaller feet, and they don't have the problems that I have.  I've wasted money on other setups that didn't grip the ice very well or just fell off as I walked.  They got thrown away. Even with having to put an extension on my cleats and slouching to the side on occasion, the Stabilicer Maxx cleats that I got work much better than the others that I tried and threw out.  I walk carefully, but I walk with confidence.  It's all about safety first.

AZbassernCO:
just moving this back up guys

lostbrit:
getting a spud bar this season after watching a close friend fall through the ice, we both got floating suits this off season. 

IceholeHEN:
Does anyone wear the safety watches? Just wondering. This will be the first year I'm gonna wear one and just seeing if anyone had any thoughts about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version