Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Fishing with lights

<< < (2/2)

reelbigfish:
Jason,
  Mud Lake north of osseo.  We used to rent boats off a nice farmer couple there
and take the kids out fishing when they were little.  I don't do the bass thing much anymore.  I figure if I've only got limited time to fish I want some fish to eat.
Strictly panfish and eyes.  My folks own property on Posey.  Early spring and late
fall crappie fishing is awesome. 

Ted

Reel Wet Ride:
That would be the lake I'm talking about.  The guy your talking about is Mr. Foust. I don't think they rent boats out of there anymore. Its nice to have that lake all to myself most of the year. Downside is that now no-one comes in and catches the eater gills, so the size of the gills have went down a little over the last 5 years. We'll have to keep in touch and try to catch some fish if I make my way that direction this winter.

Respect,
Jason

reelbigfish:
Jason,
  Sounds like a plan.  E-mail me at [email protected] when you wanna catch
some reelbigfish.

Ted

Reel Wet Ride:
I'll e-mail you a day or two before I come that direction. That way you'll have time to perfect your "stories". On another note, have you ever fished 2nd for perch? I know for the last few winters they've done pretty good over there, but I've never bothered to walk through the cattails to get there.

Jason

reelbigfish:
Jason,
  I fished in the mouth of the channel leading into 2nd for big gills and redears
last winter but didn't see too many perch.  I mostly sight fish 3rd and bass in my
fishtrap magnum delux.  Bawbeese perch run a little small for me so I concentrate
on the deeper water of Bird Lake and Bear Lake for 12" and better perch.

Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version