Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: November to get really cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8198 times)

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
November to get really cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I was just looking at the 15 day forcast for pocahontas on accu weather.com and as soon as november hits the temperatures drop fast.  Low 20's for the first week and projected snow on the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Man i just can't wait any longer.  Bring on the Ice!!

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: November to get really cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007, 09:56 PM »
That sounds encouraging. I just hope that if we get something in November that it stays.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007, 10:14 PM »
For my area....Thursday November 1st Low 20degrees.  And after that highs in the mid 30's lows in the lower 20s and upper TEENS!!!!!!!!!   WOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO DROPPING LIKE A ROCK!! :woot:

BRING ON THE ICE IVE BEEN READY FOR MONTHS!!!!

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Don't get too excited boys.  I want ice as much (or more) that the rest of ya.  We haven't even had our Indian Summer yet, tho.  Heck, it seems like we hunt at least 1 weekend of 2nd shotgun season in shirt sleeves every year....

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2007, 10:42 AM »
HEY NW IOWA FISHER....POCAHONTAS EH???   MY HOMETOWN....USED TO ICE FISH AROUND THERE ALL THE TIME.

PM me for some good leads on some ponds in that area (although it was about 20 years ago)  I used to catch perch through the ice not more that 3 miles from the city limits....no lie. 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:19 AM »
HEY NW IOWA FISHER....POCAHONTAS EH???   MY HOMETOWN....USED TO ICE FISH AROUND THERE ALL THE TIME.

PM me for some good leads on some ponds in that area (although it was about 20 years ago)  I used to catch perch through the ice not more that 3 miles from the city limits....no lie. 

My first GF was from Pokie- plus when I was stationed in Memphis when I was in the Navy back in 94 there was a guy in my barracks wearing a Pokie football t-shirt. Small world

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:55 AM »
HERES A MIND BOGGLER:

BET I KNOW HIS INITIALS:   RS    SINCE HE WAS MY COLLEGE ROOMATE AT WAYNE STATE!

WOW...FREAKY...LET ME KNOW IF THAT'S RIGHT.  TIME FRAME IS DEAD ON...
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2007, 01:06 PM »
NOPE...HE WAS IN THE AIR FORCE....MY BAD

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I honestly don't remember the guys name anyway- was too long ago. My first gf's name was Dawn Carlson

CSP88

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2007, 01:52 PM »
HERES A MIND BOGGLER:

BET I KNOW HIS INITIALS:   RS    SINCE HE WAS MY COLLEGE ROOMATE AT WAYNE STATE!

WOW...FREAKY...LET ME KNOW IF THAT'S RIGHT.  TIME FRAME IS DEAD ON...

Boji, what year did you graduate from Poky?

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Jeesh, Chad.  You got LOTS of friends on here from your days back in the Pokey.  LMAO!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

-Munchy
Rod Woten

CSP88

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Jeesh, Chad.  You got LOTS of friends on here from your days back in the Pokey.  LMAO!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

-Munchy

Small world.....I'm sure I know Boji just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2007, 09:23 AM »

Small world.....I'm sure I know Boji just haven't figured it out yet.

How many years did ya serve time and what were ya in for?    ;)

-M
Rod Woten

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2007, 03:33 PM »
IF YOU'RE FROM POKY....YOU KNOW ME.... :laugh:

CSP88

« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2007, 03:51 PM »
IF YOU'RE FROM POKY....YOU KNOW ME.... :laugh:

What are your initials?.....that should help me.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2007, 08:11 PM »
I knew it......I knew theyd change the damned forecast..........
Freakin weatherman i tell u what!!! >:(

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2007, 07:25 AM »
1989 grad.  B.T.   Had younger brother....really younger sister.

Dad was local attorney (still is).  Didn't really ever go back much after folks moved to Boji.

That oughta do it.   ;D   

please Iceman.....cometh.   I need to blow some $ on new gear and I can't pull the trigger until I at least see some frozen puddles.

CSP88

« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2007, 08:11 AM »
1989 grad.  B.T.   Had younger brother....really younger sister.

Dad was local attorney (still is).  Didn't really ever go back much after folks moved to Boji.

That oughta do it.   ;D   

please Iceman.....cometh.   I need to blow some $ on new gear and I can't pull the trigger until I at least see some frozen puddles.

Yep, that was enough info.  Had it narrowed down to a couple people.  I'm a 1988 grad. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out who I am.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2007, 01:03 PM »
HAHA....YUP. 

Remeber when you and Moody and Lance came out to hang with Jacobsmier.  Lord that was a lonnng time ago.  Funny thing...had to pull an old annual out to figure out who you were.  Then  on the way back from lunch, I saw that guy you wrecked down at the bar that weekend. 

My brother lives down in Perry now.  I'm hoping to get some fishing in IF there is ever enough ice down there.

CSP88

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2007, 01:56 PM »
HAHA....YUP. 

Remeber when you and Moody and Lance came out to hang with Jacobsmier.  Lord that was a lonnng time ago.  Funny thing...had to pull an old annual out to figure out who you were.  Then  on the way back from lunch, I saw that guy you wrecked down at the bar that weekend. 

My brother lives down in Perry now.  I'm hoping to get some fishing in IF there is ever enough ice down there.

Man I feel old, let me know when you make it down to see your bro this winter and we can try to meet up.  Tell Jason hello for me.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2007, 02:40 PM »
WITHOUT A DOUBT.  Walleye propulation at Big Creek was pretty decent from some people I talked to.  I'm going to do a lot of fishing this winter.  Taking off some time in December...like most of it.  I really want to get a perm. house up at Boji for January and Feb.  But I like mobility...I'm going to try some spots around Des Moines with Jason too.  I would really really like to find some of those private ponds I hear people talk about.  I saw some crappie pix from last winter from a pond near Des Moines...huge.  I'll let you know and we can throw a few back and tell good lies.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #21 on: Oct 26, 2007, 08:55 AM »
you poky boys are full of hot air ;D

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I NORMALLY PRODUCE ENOUGH TO HEAT A 3 MAN...LOL 

Speaking of hot air...Dyin time is near!!  Those birds are going to pay tomorrow!!!  LOL.

Hunting in Iowa and SD and NE for out of staters is getting spendy...almost $100 for a license!!??  And to go from Nebraska to Iowa is not a huge jump in quality of bird numbers....or football programs (pretty sad when UNI is the highest ranked Sagarin team in these 2 states)  I'm taking it out on the ditch parrots tomorrow.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2007, 09:23 AM »
I think this year is looking to be one of the Warmest Novembers on record.  If I dont have skim ice on the pond by the second week it will surely be a rotten year.........Call me a pessimist.......It isnt looking good folks :embarassed:

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 29, 2007, 07:21 AM »
You pessimist!  lol.....

Gotta stand with you on this one.  Seems to me that hunting in t-shirts (deer or pheasants) has boded poorly for fishable ice.  I'm going with Dec 12th here in Nebraska.    Nights are still pretty warm.  Sucks.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 30, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Well it ain't quite November yet but its suppose to be 70 today.  Fine for trick or treaters but not much good for ice. Kinda thought I'd put the boat up but guess I'll hold off.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Funny thing is I read in the paper today that theyre predicting above normal temps till December then Dec-Feb is to be below-average with "super chilling" periods.  Does that mean -20 for a couple weeks in December?  I HOPE SO ;D

I remember about 3 or 4 yrs ago?? ????? driving out on Clear Lake December 24th, 11 inches of ice.  Lets hope it gets like that again

Even though this is 10 days away I like the forecast from Nov8th on out.......
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipcode=50401&metric=0

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 30, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Crappie Buster, if that forecast holds up you may have a whole lot of new friends.  I will be one of them heading that way if you get ice that early.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 02, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Weather needs to start shaping up the middle part of November is looking to be terribly warm.  Not looking good at all. :embarassed:

Offline Catchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 02, 2007, 07:44 PM »
 Well Crappie it felt cold enough on Clear Lake last Sat. in the boat. Caught a few yellows and one eye then left after dad froze out.
Bring on the ice and a warm shack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.