Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Questions about power augers this late in the season  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Questions about power augers this late in the season
« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2014, 12:23 PM »
BR947 looking forward to a confirmed total of inches from your nils/fuel setup. I wouldn't change back to a gas auger for anything.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2014, 11:58 AM »
So what's the max # of holes you guys are getting from these set-ups? I love  my gas auger but its just so darn heavy! But if I'm limited to 22 holes then I won't even bother. Typical day of fishing for me is 20-30 holes. A couple weeks ago it took a good 50 and 3/4 tank of gas before I found the fish, this was with 2'of ice.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2014, 12:02 AM »
Kevin I went with the Milwaukee fuel 18v this year and 7" mora mounted on a clam auger plate with 15" extension and I love it!!! Its lightweight, (12ish lbs) and I can drill a ton of holes on one battery. I spent most of the season hauling around a spare battery and didn't need it one time. I tested my auger one time this season just to see how many holes it would actually drill. I fresh charged a battery and headed out on a morning that was 1 degree out and drilled 44 holes in 16" of ice on green valley lake 704 total inches right??? pretty good huh??? 2 days later I went to put the battery pack back on the charger for the next mornings outing and a battery pack was already sitting on the charger fully charged........I realized that the battery I used for the test was the battery I had been carrying around in my bucket most of the season!!!! I'm not even sure it had a full charge.... If you want a auger that is fast, lite, always starts, wont foul a plug, need a carb kit, gas/oil and is inexpensive this is the one!!!!

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Kevin:

With my 6" Convertible Nils Auger and Milwaukee Fuel Brushless/4.0XC drill, I got (21) holes drilled through 30" before the battery started to die...lithium ion of course is an all or nothing so I'm sure it was done. That's roughly 630" of total ice.

For next year, I'll probably pick another battery....maybe 2 and I'll be able to get 60 to 100 holes...of course that's ice thickness dependent. Pretty happy with set-up and especially the weight since I typically walk onto/around the lakes I fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.