Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: banner  (Read 939 times)

Offline drewgills

• Team IceShanty Regular
banner
« on: Dec 13, 2005, 09:12 AM »
hey ya'll does any one know when the dnr will stock banner pits (Somerset park). also what kind of depth can be found there.?
Hard charger !

Offline Quackhead

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it ain't frozen it ain't really fishin.
Re: banner
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2005, 09:12 PM »
They stocked it once already back in mid to late october.  I know last year they stocked it around the holidays and once or twice after that.  As far as depth I can't remember what we were getting.  I was by there earlier today on the way home and it looked nasty.

Offline -fish-

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:22 AM »
They have stocked banner twice this fall. They will stock it through the ice around early or middle of January from what i understood. Ill tell ya that if you are ice fishing for them trout, dont fish in the deeper water that can be found there and if you do, fish no more then one or two feet below the ice. Those *lake* hatchery bred trout will cruise the shallows and really never go depper than a few feet especially in the cold months. Also if you can find good weed cover in about 3-5 fow, thats the ticket. Although by the time they stock it in the winter most of the vegetation will have disapeared. Kastmasters and sooper dooper spoons worked best. And most of the time you dont even need to add meat.

Offline drewgills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:16 PM »
thanks guys thats exactly the info i was looking for.might wait till jan 10 to get a stamp though.
Hard charger !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.