Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Don't you just love when?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline CedarStorm1975

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Don't you just love when?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:57 PM »
A couple weekends ago I fished a lake that gets pounded because of its proximity to town. So I felt like venturing off to a corner of the lake where I knew there was a likely honey hole to be found. I drilled around 30-40 holes looking for it........and didn't find the structure I was looking for. I saw these dudes way across the lake walking around. As soon as I picked up and left they made a b-line for my drilled holes as if I'd found THE spot. Honestly it was just a big flat with a drop-off and no fish were marked on it. Hope they wasted 3 hours trying to catch fish there, haha! I got my exercise for the day drilling holes by hand!

Offline Bowhunter78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:03 PM »
I had a group of guys set up so close that their flip up shanty two man door actually set on top of my solo clam and after I caught my limit of gills i flipped up my clam wich opened theirs and calmly asked if they had caught any. They replied not many and then showed them my full bucket and said thats to bad and walked away.

Offline MidnightRambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:47 AM »
we have sunk brush on a body of water that is public but is not a local hole.  there are probably a dozen or so guys who fish it. we purposefully drill spots out that have no brush to play games.  but in the end, you can only hide the spots for so long. 

So I'm not the only person who does this...  ;D

But yes, someone will always find the brush.

Just yesterday I drove to one of the public ponds I fish in the IC area, only to find a tent set up either right on top of a brush pile, or very close to it. I just turned around and went to another public pond nearby. No one was on it, so I drilled some holes, waited for sunset, and caught a few nice bluegills.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2014, 11:47 PM »
The same thing happened to me last year and always fun to show them your bucket and then tell goo luck LOL
Never to many short poles

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:22 AM »
X2 BBK I've done the same thing several times so if I no a hot lake I will PM people on here that ask me but I will ask them to keep it a secret Please
Never to many short poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.