Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: roberts creek  (Read 3057 times)

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
roberts creek
« on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Anybody heading to roberts creek this weekend. I stoped by there for while last weekend and it was 6.5 to 7 foumd lots of fish but couldnt get them to bite. ill b the one im the blue clam on the west side of the lake this weekend.

Offline Plan B

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: roberts creek
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Was there on Tuesday, did not catch a thing. Marked lots of fish but no bites. Dropped the Aqua view down the hole and all I saw were shad. Crappies gotta be in there somewhere.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2013, 06:58 PM »
I marked a lot of fish also. caught a couple but not like I should of you goin back at all

Offline swade13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:26 PM »
Never fished Robert's Creek, but am thinking about checking it out over the holidays. 
swade13

Offline PanfishWhisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2013, 10:09 PM »
I am heading out to Roberts Creek tomorrow, my friend drilled test holes today and said the ice was just short of 7in.

Offline Bruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Which side of the lake did he test drill holes on?

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2013, 11:09 AM »
the dam end is a little thiner but the east side is thicker

Offline Bruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Wonder if they will end up having the red nose tourney out there this year. Last year it was pushed back, and then cancelled because of thin ice. The West Side of the lake and out from the boat ramp on the West End is where a lot of people tend to fish on that lake. I honestly don't even think I've fished on the East Beach area.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2013, 04:50 PM »
Theres a lot of rocks off that old island on the east side of the lake I seen a guy catch a 16 inch crappie off of it sunday I caught 8 10 to 12 inches.

Offline PanfishWhisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:28 PM »
I fished Roberts Creek yesterday, results same as others reported marked lots of fish but nothing was biting. The ice was about 7.5in in 16ft of water on the west boat ramp side.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Had a good night at roberts creek fished didnt start biteing till dark caught 23 crappie 32 bluegill all decent sized. I really started to hammer them between 8 & 9

Offline patgeneral

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:44 PM »
waxies or minnows

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2013, 02:26 PM »
Minnows

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Now see this is what this site is suppose to be guys sharing info to help each other out .  So many people on here complain that people tell others how they did what they were usin and where all I can say to the haters on here is why are you here? Skunkriverryan I appriciate you keepin up what this site is really for.  Good luck the rest of our year
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Ive been fishing there for the last 3.5 weeks always during the day and never have much luck so I decided to go at night the last couple times and finnally started to catch them. They dont even follow my jigs till it almost gets dark. And they wont take a full minniow gotta cut them up.

Offline rjbreese

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing fool
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Ive been fishing there for the last 3.5 weeks always during the day and never have much luck so I decided to go at night the last couple times and finnally started to catch them. They dont even follow my jigs till it almost gets dark. And they wont take a full minniow gotta cut them up.
Skunky were you on whitebreast sat. saw a truck there with personal plates%#>>*&^ thought it might have been you.... how did you do on the lakeside?

Offline rjbreese

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing fool
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:33 PM »
Now see this is what this site is suppose to be guys sharing info to help each other out .  So many people on here complain that people tell others how they did what they were usin and where all I can say to the haters on here is why are you here? Skunkriverryan I appriciate you keepin up what this site is really for.  Good luck the rest of our year

I agree thanks for all the info to us fellow ice fisherman HAPPY NEW YEAR... I am gonna have to try the night fishin thing on RC thanks Skunky for the tip we fish with the same results during the day for the most part once in awhile we get in a good day... is the ice ok on Roberts Creek for ATV???? It was 8-10" everywhere on lakeside I had ATV on it Sat. and today.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:26 PM »
No I wasnt on whitebreast i have a black stepside s10. Going there next weekend. The ice on roberts was 8-9 by next weekend it will probably b 12. Pretty much all the snow melted which will uninsulate it. As far as I herd whitebreast has 12" around the edege but the farther you go out it varies 4 to 8 iv been watchin the lake level on river gauges.com and they have been gradually bring it up for the past 3 weeks which means there wont b any voids in between the ice and water.

Offline Bruiser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Hey Ryan, or anyone else that's fished this lake recently...How far north have you guys ventured on the west side of the lake? Thinking about making a run out there on Wed. Any of you planning on heading out there on Wednesday?

Offline patgeneral

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:00 PM »
couldn't agree more cr rick .  Hoping to get out this weekend to white breast hope I see you guys there.

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Ill b out there wednesday afternoon. Unless your luck is better than mine than id wait till the afternoon. Iv been there about 10 times during the day this year amd havnt caught jack squat until I started going in the afternoon night. I think I might try to find a spot on whitebreast till the afternoon ill c u there if your still around I always fish the east side down feom the old beach .

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Also if you go at night make sure you set up on a clear spot of ice and put a coleman latern on the ice. The light helps attract bait fish you can c them everywhere on your vexlar. I usally only fish 10 to 15 feet at night on the edege of a break.

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2013, 01:56 PM »
I'm gonna be at red rock Saturday am afternoon and then to roberts at night. Hope everyone catches a ton good luck to ya

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Where you gona fiah at onfish at roberts sarurday night

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Between island and west ramp. You gonna be down there?

Offline skunkriverryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Yep ill b there unless there biting really good at whitebreast if there are ill send you a pm

Offline patgeneral

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:01 PM »
me and girlfriend fished until 7 pm .  marked fish but nothing biting for me.

Offline Iabowhunter77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that Pat.  Was hoping for the best for you after I saw you.  F.I.L. Was ready to go, thought we were about to miss the bite.  We caught just the one 9" crappie.  The weather was a brutal mistress today.  Wonder how the two fellas in the clam pullovers were doing. They settled in when we did and they never moved while we braved two moves.  Better luck next time!!

Offline patgeneral

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2014, 10:39 PM »
went over and talked to them just before we left.  And they were over a old brush pile and were catching some crappies.  Ten inchs was probley the best they had I think.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.