Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: electric fillet knifes  (Read 2439 times)

Offline spazman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: electric fillet knifes
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2013, 12:33 PM »
I bought a mister twister friday. I thought that the rapala blades that i bought last year might fit, Nope. but after loooking at them for a while I noticed that the rapala blades have a square top where they go in. A little rounding with my dremel tool and they fit perfectly. The blades move so much faster than my old american angler its almost scary. The biggest plus is that the motor didn't heat up on me.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2013, 12:45 PM »
I've been a Mr. Twister fan. I'm on my 4Th one,been using them since they made them.It's been a long time,I can rip through piles of crappie and gills in short time,did 38 crappie and gills in 1 hour last night and that includes bagging and freezing. Only bad thing is they cut down on beer drinking time 1 or 2 now and a 6 pack when did them old school Rap hand knife.

Offline tysontia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2013, 01:29 PM »
My cheap Rapala corded knife I bought at Walmart handles 22-26 walleyes and Pike that are larger than that with ease when we fish canada.

Offline graywolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2013, 12:55 AM »
Rapala cordless ION.....$80 but worth it.   You'll get to tired before the knife does.  $80 is steep though.  I got one as a gift...and it cut my time by a third from the Berkely corded I had...it's butter...even 18" walleye ribs are nothing...I bet I can clean and de-rib a 18"eye in less than 45 seconds. The blades move extremely fast and are extremely sharp.  Small charger cord (no base or anything -plugs right into the handle. Has safety lock out as well. IMO...it's the best in the stores right not.  Has 80 minutes of continuos run time so you can leave the charger in the glove box...you won't need it.
Scheels had the Rapala ION at the sportshow for yesterday and today for $63.00.  Manager said "If you don't like it just bring it back".  How can you beat that?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.