The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Namakagon  (Read 751 times)

Offline borg0196

• IceShanty Rookie
Namakagon
« on: Jan 10, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Hi everyone, I am going fishing with a group on lake namakagon. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the maps and think I have some spots, but any insider info wouldn't hurt. Apparently these guys have gone the past two years and only caught a total of 6 fish. I want to make sure I get invited back next year. I think I can handle getting 6 fish on my own but would love to get them on some active spots. Not sure if this is a huge fishing lake or not? I have never been there and could only find one mention of the lake when doing a search on here. THANKS!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Namakagon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Yes it is a huge lake, 2897 acres and be careful there are current area's by bridges and narrows. It is more like a flowage where several original lakes were connected by flooding when they built a dam. It is the headwaters of the Namakagon river. I don't know the lake very well but I do know they catch a lot of crappie out there. You should be able to see where a bunch of people are fishing.

Offline Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Namakagon
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:34 AM »
If you are going for Crappie, head out from the Loon Saloon. The bite is on fire over there lately.
Gone Fishin....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.