New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: bees in gear  (Read 1189 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
bees in gear
« on: Feb 04, 2022, 06:29 AM »
i brought  me  vexlar in to charge ...noticed a bee in my den killed  him the another lol had a  bee's nest in the  vex  lol  it  sat in the shed all summer never noticed them.....oh well  they got  evicted  for  failure to pay rent ......

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: bees in gear
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:37 AM »
I had a old clam guide i left in the shed for years i notice some yellow jackets flying but my shed always have nests in them so i wasnt to worried..i dragged it out one day and on the other side of the sled there was a yellow  jacket nest the size of a basketball on it.sprayed it down at night with striker 54 then power washed it off.hate the non pollinator wasp and hornets.

Offline zadvorney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gobi Dick sank my boat!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2022, 10:54 AM »
I got a similar thing like Dr. But the jerks made their nest in the folds of the shanty tent material. AND they chewed through it. Where ever the nest combs were, there were holes. Not a fan of the wasps either.
If life were easy everybody would have one.

Offline Flyingmaggot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2022, 04:45 PM »
Bees in the trap?!

Offline butkusbowman

• IceShanty Rookie
!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2022, 12:37 PM »
I know it's got nothing to do with bees in our fishing gear but I was brush hogging once and ducked my head down to get under a tree branch. Proceeded to break a nest in half with my head and the bottom half landed on my lap. Didn't know what happened at first but didn't take long to figure it out! Tactor couldn't go fast enough, jumped off and ran with too many chasin'. Stung over 20 times. Whole bottle of benedril, swollen like the elephant man and slept 12 hours from the benedril. Didn't think I was gonna make it as I have bad reactions to stings. Hard time breathing so I met a friend 15 min. away that had epipen and he shot it off accidently in the parking lot! That's when I when to Stewart's for the benedril. Chugged the bottle in the store in the isle (many people wide eyed). Took 3 benedrils I had on hand before I even left. Got epipens in stock at the cabin now!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2022, 03:51 PM »
i have to carry a epi with me all the time now too

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2022, 04:36 PM »
yup they suck

Offline RustyTrombone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2022, 06:07 AM »
I've had the gosh darn things come alive while out on the ice! Keep my shanty in a spare camper trailer over the summer months. Got the heater going last year, heard some buzzin and sure enough they were coming out under my cushion seat. Had some fun though with the heater and an ice bath getting rid of um. Guys on SBH probably wondering why there's a hive left on the ice.
Proud member of Newfane FD. Glorified ice fisherman. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.