Author Topic: tournament at bantam Saturday  (Read 1741 times)

Offline icefishingbeast

• IceShanty Rookie
tournament at bantam Saturday
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Does anyone know if the tournament is still on and how much ice we have?

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
Re: tournament at bantam Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:51 AM »
There was 7" on South Cove, but the ice was really in bad shape.  I was extremely nervous all day.  It was grey and filled with air bubbles.  It was very easy to drill holes and did not leave shavings, but ice crystals.  Didn't even need to clean out the holes, really.  I'm sure it will be better next weekend, but be careful.

Offline icefishingbeast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:08 PM »
How was the fishing any good?

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:06 AM »
1 small pike, a good size pickerel, and a few perch on the jig rod.  Slow day.  Still a great time.  A bald eagle was hanging out with us for a while.  Got to try my "new to me " shanty.  Fire beer tunes. 

Offline rslabinski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Just got back from South Bay.  Ice was 5-6 inches and in good shape. 2 pike. 1 28 inches and skinny.  The other was easily the smallest I’ve ever caught.  13 inches and no, it wasn’t a pickerel, lol!  Should be ok for Saturday.

Offline icefishingbeast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:26 AM »
good to here and the cold weather last night could only help :) :) :)

Offline Fishingnortheast.net

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:31 AM »
As of now Saturday is still a go. I will be taking a trip up tomorrow to see how things are holding up, the website will be updated immediately if anything changes.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:27 AM »
As of 10am Friday 2-15-2019, We will be fishing!!! Please check back as to the location on South Cove. Ice is accessible at the state boat launch but I am not 100% happy with it's condition. I am waiting on confirmation from the Town of Morris and CTDEEP to use Morris Beach as our access point. I will update immediately when I receive information. Safety First!!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2019, 01:30 PM »
OK, here is the final update. As of 2pm I did not hear back from the town of Morris. I needed their approval to officially move the location to the Morris Beach, per CT DEEP. CT DEEP was fine with the move as long as Morris okayed it. So as it stands, we will set up registration at the State Boat Launch as planned. I will advise all anglers to use their discretion when entering the ice. My advice would be to register then enter the ice via the beach, Morris boat launch right next to the beach or via the area along Rte 209 with the small parking lot across the street. We will set up the weigh station on the ice off the beach. This is the most logical solution to keep peace with the permit. Again, register at the State Boat Launch, we will answer all questions at registration, so have them ready. SAFETY FIRST!!!

Offline Pikestriker420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2019, 04:25 PM »
There was 7" on South Cove, but the ice was really in bad shape.  I was extremely nervous all day.  It was grey and filled with air bubbles.  It was very easy to drill holes and did not leave shavings, but ice crystals.  Didn't even need to clean out the holes, really.  I'm sure it will be better next weekend, but be careful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.