Author Topic: What the Drones?!?!?!?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
What the Drones?!?!?!?
« on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:20 PM »
I was on Beach Pond Sunday with a few friends and we were in our little group just talking and a drone flies over 10 ft away and stairs at us for about 30 seconds.  Reminded me of dragon fly moving left, right, going completely around us.   Any laws on how close these things can get?   Any laws on taking one out with an ice scoop?   Whose is it?  Really annoyed the hell out of me. 
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What the Drones?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:39 PM »
It's generally illegal to damage or destroy a drone but common sense, if there is such a thing, would suggest that if you were in danger of physical harm you could defend yourself. It is pretty aggravating that they can hover close by and watch you. On the flip side I'm thinking about buying one to fetch me refreshments. A few of the "heavy lift" models have a lift capacity sufficient to pick up food or beverage and bring it out on the lake.   :thumbsup:

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:13 PM »
LOL...He was definitely in my bubble, but I couldn't say that I felt threatened. (violated a little) I was wondering if I was supposed to show my fishing license.  If it was to bring me a shot of bourbon everything would be  :clap:

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:18 PM »
I was on Beach Pond Sunday with a few friends and we were in our little group just talking and a drone flies over 10 ft away and stairs at us for about 30 seconds.  Reminded me of dragon fly moving left, right, going completely around us.   Any laws on how close these things can get?   Any laws on taking one out with an ice scoop?   Whose is it?  Really annoyed the hell out of me.
had this happen to me on lake winni in NH, I think its creepy, prob not illegal but invasion of my privacy IMO, I think people do it to see what your catching. I had fish on ice all legal but prefer not to advertise, now all fish go in bucket no more googans snooping.
Salmonemia

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:19 PM »
Sling shot.
Just add water.

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:25 PM »
    Wrist-rocket, & a bag of marbels !!!!!!!!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I usually just wave. My buddy had one at bantam one day. Just kinda fun to fly around and say hi basically. Now if it was hanging around for an extended period of time that's a different story
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:39 PM »
Personally I go out on the water to get away from that kind of stuff (my flasher notwithstanding of course). It takes a real *bleep* to interfere with someone's privacy when they're trying to enjoy some time in the outdoors. Obviously the person is more adept at using a remote control than catching fish.
I had a guy flying a drone over my kids and I last year on Lake George. I spent hundreds of dollars that weekend for some idiot to fly over us all day. Real inconsiderate and creepy if you ask me.

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:44 PM »
The laws state they can not fly over property regulated by the DEEP.  Does that include lakes?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:18 PM »
The laws state they can not fly over property regulated by the DEEP.  Does that include lakes?

That's regulated by Deep so maybe.  I had one harass me on sacandaga.  Hovered a few feet above my flip over.  Not a fan. 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:22 PM »
theres been some real heated discussions about these things on the Montana page...

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:40 PM »
A group that came in and set up next to me on Sunday had a drone. Not my idea of a good time.   :%$#!:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:45 PM »
My idea of a good time is shooting drones down with silly string. Shouldn't harm the drone, but should give the owner a hint.  :o ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:05 PM »
LOL...He was definitely in my bubble, but I couldn't say that I felt threatened. (violated a little) I was wondering if I was supposed to show my fishing license. If it was to bring me a shot of bourbon everything would be  :clap:

:thumbsup:

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:15 PM »
theres been some real heated discussions about these things on the Montana page...

Yes there has, not a fan of them.

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Might have to set up a high flyer tip and try and catch me one.  ;D. Wondering what the best bait would be. ::)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:37 PM »
My idea of a good time is shooting drones down with silly string. Shouldn't harm the drone, but should give the owner a hint.  :o ;)

Silly string ordered.

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:55 PM »
I had a drone hover over me when I was up deer hunting. He hovered it over me for about 2 minutes (seemed like an hour) I was muzzleloading so I wasn't going to waste the shot on it. I just waved at it with one finger.

This fisherman didn't like the drone flying over. Pretty accurate casting.

Here's a good use for a drone!!

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Definitely like the silly string idea.   

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Lake maid has a future also

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:40 PM »
I think lake maid got in trouble with their delivery system, some weird law that I think Wisconsin had on the books about not having an automated vending machines distribute alcohol, sorta like the outlaw on the old cigarette vending machines (last one I saw sold a pack of marb's for $2, pretty sure the packs were over 10 years old).

I do like the idea of liquor, bet one of those things could carry a lot of nippers.....
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:58 PM »

I guess when you have ice from October to May you find enough time to play with drones and chinsaws.

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2019, 07:27 PM »
It's generally illegal to damage or destroy a drone but common sense, if there is such a thing, would suggest that if you were in danger of physical harm you could defend yourself. It is pretty aggravating that they can hover close by and watch you. On the flip side I'm thinking about buying one to fetch me refreshments. A few of the "heavy lift" models have a lift capacity sufficient to pick up food or beverage and bring it out on the lake.   :thumbsup:

Haha, it’s funny you say that. My buddy flew me out a breakfast sandwich on lake winni one morning!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.