Author Topic: Tragic loss of a great fisherman  (Read 1400 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Tragic loss of a great fisherman
« on: Jun 24, 2018, 08:52 PM »
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46348779&nid=148&title=utah-man-dies-in-boating-mishap-at-flaming-gorge

The name of this individual has not been released yet but I did have regular talks with this man at the local fish shop here in town. If what I've heard is true he will be truly missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tragic loss of a great fisherman
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2018, 09:13 PM »
My sympathies to his family and friends.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018, 09:10 AM »
I wondered if you knew him. Tough deal for sure.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Well I'm 100% sure from other friends that have confirmed it, very sad indeed. They haven't released any name officially yet as they always wait for the notification of next of kin. He will be missed by alot of us along the wasatch front just to name a few
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2018, 11:25 AM »
http://fox13now.com/2018/06/26/man-recalls-being-stranded-in-water-for-10-hours-after-deadly-boating-accident/

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46349369&nid=148&title=flaming-gorge-drowning-victim-identified-as-north-ogden-man

http://fox13now.com/2018/06/24/friends-remember-north-ogden-man-who-died-at-flaming-gorge-reservoir/

Ok, it has been annouced that it was infact Lance. The fishing community in this area will have a void in it for a long time to come. Myself and my families sincerest condolences go out to the Heninger family, the tight knit staff at Anglers Den here in Roy and the 2 gentleman that were involved with this tragic accident. If anything can be taken away from this, put a life jacket on if your ever in doubt of the present conditions. Not saying wear it 100% of the time, but if its needed dont hestitate. Be safe everyone

There is a book at Anglers and they are asking all that may want to sign, write down a story, great memory ect....come on in
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2018, 12:06 PM »
This is a horrribly sad story, and a tragedy when you know the death was preventable.  Prayers for this man's family and friends who must be suffering his needless loss terribly.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your friend Matt.. :'(
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2018, 10:48 AM »
What a complete tragedy. Lance was the one that got me lined up with my first round of ice flies, jigs, pole, etc. for ice fishing when I moved to  Utah 5 yrs ago. He gave me my first pointers and advice as I visited the store over that first ice season. He was also the one that told me I should check out the Ice Shanty site for more advice and to meet fellow ice-aholics.

My heart goes out to his family and can sincerely say he will be missed by many an angler that he helped over the years.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.