Author Topic: YOAdrien Charters News  (Read 68172 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: YOAdrien Charters News
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Fished with Ciaran and Dave and we had a great time, word of advice though, Dave's Chili tastes good now, but, it causes problems the next day!! We fished winni and landed 6 smallmouth and 10 lakers and 1 whitie. They only kept the 1 whitie to fry and the rest were released, the pic of the smallmouth was quickly released after, all nice sized bass and trout for the day. Windy, but what else is new. Smelt and gulp minnows on lead head were the ticket.

PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline ciaran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:11 PM »
Yo,
Man we had a blast (not a reference to the chili.)   Anyone who wants to have fun, catch fish, and trade some great banter about the love of our sport owes it to themselves to book a trip with Adrien.  He is the source for the best, honest state of our NH fisheries and any solutions to improving what we can do to insure it will be there for our kids.  We'll be back.  Lots of laughs and fish...thanks again.

Ciaran
...Not without your keys you're not!

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Fished with a great crew today 3 adults and 3 kids, everybody was dressed up and didn't mind the cold.
Lots of great food on the grill too!!

We caught 6 lakers and 2 cusk and they were 27 and 28 inches long!!

Here is a video of Todays stay angler Julia, 8 years old. Watch her land a 28" 5 pound cusk on her jig stick!! She was wearing the helmet because it was warmer than her hat!

A pic of julia and her big cusk

The whole crew with 3 lakers and a couple cusk to eat, these big cusk are really feeding lately, they fillet really nice and taste great!! Best bite has been bucktails at noon, go figure??

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:02 AM »
great video Adrien! The smile on her face is priceless.Awesome job man.

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Offline bobbybass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:23 AM »
YOAdrien,

Sorry for the late post.  We had blast on Friday.  Thank you for a great day I have told every one what a great time we had and what a great service you provide you put us on fish all fish.  We learned a lot and we are looking forward to getting some bows next year.  I do believe we have found our new annual trip.

Ron

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Had a super day on the ice today. Great guys and great weather, i didn't wear my coat all day. no action jigging today, all tipups. We landed 8 lakers, 3 smallmouth, 6 whites, and a few yellows plus a 2.2 pound 17 inch chub!

2 best lakers were 25 inches each at a little over 5 pounds and a 22 and 23 at 4 pounds each. Lots of nice thick fish.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Fished with Jim Flanagan and 3 of his girls today, what a blast, fun kids and very good anglers i must add. We landed 8 lake trout with Jims 25 incher that pulled the scale a hair past 5.5 pounds, it was a beauty to see. Also a great smallmouth and a thick whitie. These are no girlie girl anglers, they wanted to bait their own hooks, set their own lines and they certainly have no problem grabbing the fish to pose for pictures or clean them for supper. If i ever hire a mate for charters these 3 will be on top of the list!

I just love the charters during the school vacation weeks, the kids are always the most fun part of my job, i don't mind funny old fat guys either, but the kids make it special.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Fished Saturday 2-27 with a group of guys from boston it was a decent day and we got 6 lake trout and quit early, it was pretty windy and was mixed precip that made everybody wet, never snapped a pic.

Fished Sunday 2-28 with Duncan and Dwight for yellow perch and we had a ball, caught about 50 and kept the 15 biggest jumbos all over a pound and 1 bonus white perch plus a couple pickerel released.

Fished Monday 3-1 with Mike and Dick and it was WINDDDYYYYYY, but the fish were biting!! They landed 17 Lakers 10 white perch a handful of yellow perch and a couple smallmouth. Action everywhere all day. Jigs and Flags. They released all the lakers and kept most of the perch, it was quite a bag of fillets.

Fished tuesday 3-2-10 with mike and dick again and we did well with 5 lakers 5 smallmouth a few whites and a few yellows and a rainbow and a pickerel. Highlight was Mike's 27 inch Laker!!!! What a beauty!!

Offline Orion7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Wow, are there any fish left in that lake?

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Fished a smaller waterbody today that had good ice. Had a couple repeats Dan and Ryan today. We whacked them pretty good with 5 species of fish caught. We landed 18 Smallmouth Bass, 5 pickerel, 6 yellow perch, 2 white perch, and 2 rainbows. They each kept 1 rainbow, 2 smallies and 1 white perch to eat. I havn't eaten smallmouth before but i have filleted a few for clients lately and they sure do produce a nice fillet, i will probably give it a try next time i catch one. Cuts up just like a big white perch, meat is a bit darker but who knows. Lots of people tell me they are good.

Last year combined i think i only caught 5 smallmouth and only one this year up until 2 weeks ago and now i have landed 55 in the last 2 weeks, when we had those super sunny days and black ice it must have warmed the water like a greenhouse because the reefs blew wide open and the smallmouth started biting like mad. It's a great addition to the days fishing.

We caught 1 little smallie that was 1.5 pounds and all the rest were between 2.10 and 3.55 pounds so some nice fish.

There are definately some places laft with good ice but i don't like taking clients on it, i'll drag myself out a few more times and get ready for next year.

Dan with a good smallie

Ryan and Dan with supper

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2010, 05:14 AM »
Adrien

Thats nice Fly Rod you won
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 14, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Following Posts make up the 2011 ice season

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Hit winnipesaukee today with my first charter of the season and we kicked her off in style.

My crew was 3 guys from california that took the red eye out of LA, landed in logan before 6am, and hit their first patch of ice ever by 9am.

We landed 15 lakers 3 white perch and 1 smallmouth bassy from 9:30-3:30 Surprisingly good mid day action.

Darius, Will and Steve with supper.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Fished winnipesaukee again today.

Another BEAUtiful day, sure it was 5 below to start but thats just a number, the sun came out and the wind stayed away and it was wicked pissah...

My Burly crew from Boston kicked it off with a cusk on the jig before sunrise and then added 22 lake trout and a fatty yellow perch for good measure.  They kept 4 lakers, the cusk and the perch.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Took Phil and son Alex out for Lakers today. The guys hit em hard with 17 brought to the hole, ALL were released, Thanks!!!!!

Super weather, super fishing and family, does it get any better?

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Had a great crew from mass today. Dad 2 boys and a buddy.

Cold start, windy, right about 0 degrees. Sun was a welcome sight today.
All tip-up action today. Bite has been starting at 8:10 for the last four days, no early fish to be caught.
The guys caught 13 Lakers, 3 whites, and 4 yellow yummies. They kept a few of each to eat.

Offline WolfeFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 18, 2011, 02:54 PM »
I am new to fishing for coldwater species a few words of advice would be helpfull. Do the fish seem to be coming from any particular depth as of lately? Do you set up a few feet from bottom most times?  I assume you are using smelt for bait?  I set out a trap in shallow for rainbows with a salmon egg and then jigged for lakers in about 30 feet of water with no luck yesterday evening just out of wolfeboro bay.  Used a bucktail jig yellow and red with a piece of yellow perch belly.  I have read some earlier posts that pieces of smelt on a jig have worked for you in the past maybe cut sucker.  I am really looking forward to that first laker through the ice!  Thanks for your insight.

"Flag Up!"

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Fished today with Steve Rachel Kerri and Nick. Honeymooners from Jersey, what a woman!!! It was snowing...... You think?

We landed over a dozen trout but I lost count and a few whities. They kept 3 trout and 2 whites. We cooked 1 of the whites on the grill they brought. It was a naked, skin on fillet, on the bare grill for about 4 mins and it was fantastic, sweet even. Bare handed off the grill rack like real men do!

Bite started at 830 like usual this week.

Thanks again Adrien. We had a blast. I was really impressed with your whole operation and especially your fishing ability and professionalism. You made us feel really safe out in spite of white out conditions and it being pretty early season ice.  We all thought it was a great experience. The lake trout tasted amazing… we ate it all back at the room. I hope we can do it again some time! Steve Cherry 1-18-11

Steves Wife Rachel with a beauty.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:25 PM »
I am new to fishing for coldwater species a few words of advice would be helpfull. Do the fish seem to be coming from any particular depth as of lately? Do you set up a few feet from bottom most times?  I assume you are using smelt for bait?  I set out a trap in shallow for rainbows with a salmon egg and then jigged for lakers in about 30 feet of water with no luck yesterday evening just out of wolfeboro bay.  Used a bucktail jig yellow and red with a piece of yellow perch belly.  I have read some earlier posts that pieces of smelt on a jig have worked for you in the past maybe cut sucker.  I am really looking forward to that first laker through the ice!  Thanks for your insight.

this time of year 4-44 feet is good but i would say 34 is best right now.

3 feet from bottom

Smelt

Red/yellow and yellow/green bucktails are my fav. with sucker meat on them or a whole smelt.
Not sure if you are allowed to use yellow perch meat on a jig, i never did, might want to check that one?

Been a mostly tip-up bite for me little action on the jig.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Be careful of what you use for cut bait. I believe that you can't use spiny fish  as bait ,be it for chum or any bait.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline WolfeFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 19, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Thank you for the fishing tips I will let you know how it turns out.

The bait issue: from now on I will play it safe and refrain from using spiny fish as bait although I did look up the rules on F&G's site. They list the species that are legal to fish with when live they make no distinction to using dead fish unless it is an interstate water with Maine.  I know guys who use the eyes from perch.  At any rate smelt and suckers seem to be the go to and I will not take any chances I just thought it was interesting when I did look up the rules as far as I could see.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/baitfish_species.htm

In the rules for interstate waters with Maine that:

No more than 5 lines are permitted at any one time while ice fishing (EXCEPTION: Great East Lake).
No dead or living pickerel, goldfish, yellow perch, white perch, bass, sunfish, crappie, horned pout, carp, or any spiny-finned fish shall be taken, sold, or possessed for use as bait for fishing in New Hampshire-Maine interstate waters.

Happy Fishing!

"Flag Up!"

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:56 PM »
YOAdrien Charters New Hampshire ice fishing guide on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Fished today with Bob and Al it was a nice day if you like snow. The fish bit well as the guys iced 13 Lake Trout 4 white perch a salmon and a big smallmouth bass. Hit a couple perch and lakers on the jigs and the rest on tipup smelt.

They kept 2 lakers and the 4 whites. We cooked up 3 of the whites right on the ice for lunch, Yummy!!!

Here is Al with a whopper whitie!

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:35 PM »
YOAdrien charters lake winnipesaukee New Hampshire ice fishing guide. 1-22-11

Travis and Kevin from Ct. Joined me today for some fantastic rainbow and mixed bag fishing.

The guys brought 15 Rainbow Trout to the hole along with 3 nice whites and 8 good sized yellows

We cooked a couple yellows on the grill and 1 rainbow, AWESOME, I'm like rachel ray out there!!

P.S. STILL SLOOPY out there!!!

Here is Travis with the first bow of the morning, NICE!

A nice whitie

16.5 in. rainbow on the grill, butterflied and on its way to perfection took about 9 mins with cover closed.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:35 PM »
YOAdrien Charters Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire Ice Fishing Guide 1-23-11

And i thought yesterday was good.....

Dave Ciaran and John Put the hammer down and never let off all day. This is the second trip out with me for these guys and rainbows were on the agenda. Remember, Dave almost killed me with his Chile Last year, well i sure do. Anyway 21 Healthy rainbows found their way to the hole today but oddly enough only 1 white and 1 yellow perch came up? It was non-stop action all day. All tip-ups, all smelt, all weekend. They kept 4 and 1 made its way onto the grill for snack-time.

John from Gloucester with a great Rainbow Just about tickled 19 inches.

The guys with a scrapper early in the morning.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:55 PM »
That 19" er is a Beauty! Congrats on another awesome day :thumbsup:

Offline WolfeFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:38 PM »
21 rainbows that is incredible, no wonder they booked another trip with you. I've asked for advice several times and I can't think of anyone better to answer what is working at any given time.  I will say your advice for lakers paid off for me this weekend using smelt and tip ups in that 34' foot range, so thank you for that.  Sound like rainbows prefer the tip up presentation too, I've heard they like sandy bottoms and to fish them close to shore in a few feet of water in most cases.  Other than that do you look for areas that have current, near bubblers, have access to deep water?  Also do you prefer using circle hooks when fishing with live bait the lakers i caught swallowed my regular size 6 baitholder hooks.  I have had issues with circle hooks in the past maybe I am setting the hook wrong? Thanks again Adrien, your the man.  Next few days going to be frigid hopefully it will help the ice situation a bit.

"Flag Up!"

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:25 PM »
YOAdrien Charters Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire Ice Fishing Guide

Steve and sharon wanted to go for white perch today so we gave it a shot. First rod in and a whitie hits the jig, well you know thats bad luck....... Anyway we ran through 6 dozen minnows and caught tons of fish but mostly micro-yellows. The tally at the end of the day for eating size fish was 3 nice whites, 3 nice smallmouth,  2 nice rainbows and 10 eatin size yellows. So all in all a great day of fishing never went 1 minute all day with out a flag or 4 up at a time.
We grilled up a nice rainbow for lunch, i knew the second he came in he had a big fat senko stuck in his gut and sure enough he did, his stomach was just full of 1 senko, nothing else would fit in it, if you didn't know i HATE SENKOS!!!!!!

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:33 PM »
 I know what you mean I see a ton of them on the bottom when I dive the body of water you were on today. Darn things should be outlawed.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline saunders hill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Senkos?

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #59 on: Jan 27, 2011, 11:41 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum