The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Anyone stirring  (Read 3861 times)

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
Anyone stirring
« on: Aug 18, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else is thinking ice.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Anyone stirring
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2005, 07:20 AM »
Yo Kenelz,hows it going?Yep already thinking of the up coming ice season along with the hunting season thats just around the corner.I have a long list of gear for Santa this Christmas...

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Yep Gary, hunting season is around the corner, I'm even thinking of getting the bow out of mothballs, its been many years since I bow hunted, the summer has really gone by fast.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2005, 05:51 AM »
I'm stirring and waiting and waiting and waiting some more down here in southeast Michigan.  I'm picking up a used shanty today so after that I'm 100% ready!

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2005, 08:58 PM »
SleePac, what shanty did you get, a portable?

fishin4eyes

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2005, 07:18 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one thinking of ice fishing... Won't be long now and we'll be fising the Saginaw River and Bay for walleye. What bodies of water do you guys fish?

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2005, 08:23 AM »
Have been fishing the local lakes since I moved up north,but when I was down state I fished Lake Eries Brest Bay(I only live a mile from there) and the Irish Hills.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Kenelz - I picked up a used CLAM 4600.  I know it's not the best one out there but the budget would only allow so much!  I've got it all cleaned up and ready to roll.  I need to get some water proofing spray for the canvas but other than that....I'm ready!

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2005, 09:09 PM »
SleePac, nothing wrong with a Clam! Anything to break the wind and add a little comfort for the hours on the ice.
4eyes, I'm in WNLP area, I get on Houghton, Higgins, Missaukee, Bear (Kalkaska), Fife, Cadillac, and Mitchell. All these (and a few more) are within 35 miles.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2005, 06:52 AM »
Kenelz - I'm trying to set up a trip to Houghton for the annual tip up festival.  Being a local, what kind of advice would you give to me and my buddies if we're trying to set up a trip to that lake during that festival?  I've never fished Houghton or Higgins but my goal this winter is to try them both.  Thoughts?  Advice?  Thanks!

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2005, 08:39 PM »
SleePac, there are a couple posters here that are Houghton Lake regulars, Dachmation, and Skulldugary, they could give you better info then me, but.... IMO Tip up Town  (TUT) is not the time to ice fish, it is more of a snowmobile/winter  festival, lots of people and sleds. I do go to TUT on my sled every year and have a great time, and there is quite a few ice fishing, but I do my ice fishing on that lake before and after TUT. Ken

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 31, 2005, 09:42 PM »
I agree,I would'nt try to fish it during TUT either,just way too many sleds and activities to try to get serious about fishing.If sledding is your thing then it's the place to go.I quit going over there for TUT altogether.If you are wanting a motel room you had better try to get reservations now.I think Dachmation would be the guy to ask,he lives just about on the lake....

w8ji Tom

« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else is thinking ice.

Ken,

How's it going? I did an Internet search and found you through your old Ham call.

Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.