Author Topic: possesion limits  (Read 6170 times)

Offline gatorhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: possesion limits
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:15 AM »
I am almost sorry I started this thread. I did not think it would stir up this much s@#t. I spoke to the gentleman to whom this happened again and the event actually happened last year, not this year and he served a one year suspension from fishing in manitoba. I think  Gatorhunter cleared up the rules enough to show it was not totally fair as the CO never told him that EACH member of his household was entitled to a conservation limit in possesion with or without a license. That  rule seems totally fair to me as a large household can now legally save up several limts to have 1 good fishfry while a small household has no need for multiple limits in possesion.
You're speculating again when you try to apply some context to my comment about sharing or gifting to other members of his household.  We don't know what was said exactly between the officer and your friend.  Either the action at the time was legal or illegal.  There is no middle ground for charging.  There must be evidence to prove guilt.  Otherwise the most that can be given out is a written warning.

Another very important thing to note is that Manitoba does NOT SUSPEND anglers.  You'll have to ask your friend to explain that one!

And back to one of Ryan's posts.  Where and when was it said that fish could be given to someone outside of the household?

This is one of the main reasons that I frequent fishing and hunting forums.  There is so much false information posted that it's worth my time and effort to post facts and correct information.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:22 AM »
GH keep up the good work. Need a dozen of you in the western part of the province.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline gatorhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:58 AM »
GH keep up the good work. Need a dozen of you in the western part of the province.
Thanks Tony!  Good to hear from you again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.