The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tonka.  (Read 601 times)

Offline Merimac

• IceShanty Rookie
Tonka.
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Is the overall feeling that the bite is slower on Tonka this year?  I am in Carsons bay.  I have been for the last few years but this seems really slow compared to years passed.

Offline djp004

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tonka.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Moved up from Ia last year first year on Tonka and in Carsens.  Built a shack myself he way i want it and been on Carsens for 4 days.  I dont know what its normally like but Ive gotten mostly northern in the 20's and the crappie i have caught or have marked bite and have all been keepers.  But from what ive experienced it is slow compared to clear lake ia where i did majorily of my winters fishing.  I dropped the camera down last night to look around as i moved my shack into waters around the weedline (15-17ft) and witnessed walleye coming in around 430 but wasnt able to hook one

Offline TheNotoriousRIG

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I write the soundtrack to my fishing adventures!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Yes. Be patient and fish where there isnt anyone else.

Thorne Bros. Custom Rods-Shimano Reels-Vexilar Flashers-Clam BC-Lowrance OnB GPS-Eskimo Augers-Soul powered by Doitch

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:11 AM »
I'm a pike guy during the winter. That being said, I'd agree with the OP.  It has been slower, especially earlier on, for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.